The Allan Wells Book of Sprinting

My sprint coach was from Scotland and brought speedball training to our club in Toronto in the late 1970s. It is a great sprint training workout - very underrated. It made a big difference for me and now my athletes are believers.

Check out the following link:

http://ssa.nls.uk/film.cfm?fid=4713&cid=74959754

Clip 2 shows Wells working out, at the end of the workout he takes his vest off and shows his awesome conditioning, you weren’t lying about his physique! Look at the steam rising too!

I recently found a copy of allan wells book and it came it an lot with these other 8 books. I was just wondering whether these are any good.

1)The Runner’s Complete Medical Guide. By Richard Mangi and others. Copyright 1979.

1. Peak Condition. Winning Strategies to Prevent, Treat, and Rehabilitate Sports Injuries. By James Garrick, MD. Copyright 1986. Price label on dust jacket.

2. Keep Your Heart Running. A graduated, total health and fitness program for people of all ages. By Paul Kiell, MD, and Joseph Frelinghuysen. Copyright 1976.

3. Lore of Running. Third edition. By Tim Noakes, MD. Copyright 1991. 804 pages. Corners of covers and some pages are rolled.

4. Precision Heart Rate Training. Edited by Edmund Burke, PhD. Copyright 1998.

5. Fitness Running. By Richard Brown and Joe Henderson. Copyright 1994.

6. Triathloning for Ordinary Mortals. By Steven Jonas, MD. Copyright 1986.

7. The High Performance Heart. Effective training for health, fitness and competition with the heart rate monitor. By Dr Philip Maffeton and Matthew Mantell. Second edition. Copyright 1994

this is a good book for >10k training

hey thanks…i figured i should ask before i fill my head with useless knowledge

its a bit sciencey and is really geared to the half and full marathon which is beyond the distances run in track but for those races it’s probably the most voluminous and definitive book out there.

i’m still not getting how speed boxing relates to sprinting. RIP Dnasty.

Where did you find your copy from? I keep ordering from different sources, and then I get a notice saying “item not available”. And some sources won’t even ship to Greece.

the wonderful site of eBay! haha i swear you can find anything on there.