Tempo work

The arms essentially do NOTHING in that machine and I did use it. I really don’t see the point of me lying about using an elliptical that I will never use again because of the unnatural motion and at least 5 better alternatives besides tempo running on grass.

I am done with you and the crap you have brought to this thread.

To the original poster:
Extensive tempo via running and a good diet will do everything you need for fat loss. Ellipticals are for old women and those who are injured or literally have NO other options. MB circuits, GS circuits, pool work, treadmill work, etc. will serve well to you if you are in weather restrictive conditions.

Flyingspur, I hope you use your common sense on this one.

When you don’t have access to some good grass for tempo, the elliptical you asked about is a good alternative. Raise the elevation to the max and have some fun.

I know you don’t believe that it’s usefulness is limited to “old women”!

I’ll let you make up your own mind as to the mentality, age, and experience of someone who would give that kind of advice on an educational forum.

lol nice personal shot unrelated to this thread when you don’t even know me–Johnny tell us a little about yourself, great one?

Never once said I was great. Every time you were disagreed with, politely I might add, you got more and more defensive and personal. Jesus this, and pointing fingers that. Telling me that the experience I have with this matter is “bringing crap to the thread”. Not cool.

Just trying to give the kid some good advice, that’s all.

Let’s move forward.

Thanks. The Precor Treadmills here are also of a high quality like the Precor eliptical machines and the Concept 2 Rower.

But would steady state work for 30 minutes say 3 or 4 times a week slow him down? Considering he is playing an intermittent sport competitively?

Or Am I just being paranoid and some steady state work at least till he accomplishes his fat loss target ( needs to lose about 10 percent BF) won’t harm his speed on the field so long as he is also playing the game and doing some outdoor SAQ work?

Thanks. The diet is equally important as you say.

Does he like steady-state work better? If so, I can’t see a real problem.

Remember that, either way, less than 75% of effort/speed on the machine is what the doctor ordered so as not to interfere with his sports.

Sometimes kids take to intervals better, though, as there seems to be less ‘boredom’ factor. Good luck.