Technique advice only

How practical is it to get someone to provide technique advice only? I ask as I am considering getting a local coach to do so as I don’t want to follow his plan just get him to keep an eye on me and provide input etc.

Should be no problem generally. Some ppl are funny though.
What you will need to mentally be ready for, is when he says “you need to do this or that” then you may find your Current workout adapting to correct “this or that” so as to fix the potential problem.
Sometimes, its better not to be in a set Plan so to speak when working on Form.
Ie, he might see something that is Horrendous that you may not have picked up, and fixing that will improve you more than just Training to a plan.

or
he might just go “yeah, looked ok, but just try this little thing” and off you go and do what you have to do.

or
he might say “piss off if your not gunna do exactly my training plan”

one thing is certain, if you dont try, you wont know :slight_smile:

Plus, you can use youtube

I asked him once a few months ago (pre injury) and that is what he said getting me to relax and focus on a longer stride (sound familiar).
You Tube would be ideal but it is getting someone to video it.

His whole planning structure is vastly different.

Sounds like a plan then. :cool:

you can video it yourself, it just means, out of 1hr of footage, you might only end up with 2-3 min of worthwhile footage? Just means a lot of editing.

I’ll send you an email soon

I can do all the editing ok it is just getting it setup as I only have a digital camera although I could probably borrow a video one from work now and then.

In order to get some help from this approach, the other coach definitely needs to understand yours!

Sorted, ended up going with someone different who I assisted with a few years ago and they were cool not having to worry about me joining their squad and me doing my planning etc. :cool: