Take notes

sports “expert”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjcmtEKTiOg

by the way, i timed myself other day after following this video, and i ran the 100 in 9.99

*bows

damn this is funny

This is part of the problem with the internet.

People will find this because of the key word search " Plyometric Exercises for Speed".

You can see how the football crowd have influenced some of these drills.

You can also see how the xfit enthusiast have influenced the training world.

I was at the gym not so long ago and there was a young woman doing an unbelievable amount of box jumps and jumps on a lower and higher box as this video shows. I wanted to speak with her to but what would I have said? The idea of what she was doing was great had she spent 50 percent of her time warming up and then taking one tenth or less of what she was actually doing and keeping those jumps as " the workout".

Instead, she was beating herself up physically and it was disturbing to see this in action.

If " x " number of box jumps is good than 100 times " x " surely is better… who cares if you did not warm up , have no progression in place and don’t know what the heck you are doing?

I think we need to re ignite the " the things that make us laugh thread. ( yes, even if it’s at other’s expense at times. :wink:

Increase your batting average X amount in only 30 days!!!
Nobody to pitch the ball to you? No problem.
No “Live Pitching” needed with this device. Only $19.99 + shipping and handling
BYOB Bring your own bat

You can send your kids outside to the garage to practice on their own while you sit on your fat ass and watch even more TV lol

speed ladders with the string and the wood…do these 30 exercises moving around the ladder, and you’ll make it from home plate to first base faster than mach 2

seriously

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0ap2000000324010/article/three-drills-to-improve-40yard-dash-times

this is from the nfl page

discuss please? I’d like to know the thoughts of coaches here.

love the comments… :smiley:

salvador.jpg

1-Nice butt!
2-She’s a “fitness” expert teaching speed…Well… Pretending to
3-Didn’t Nike have a “speed” box like this that they sold for a minute
4-Isn’t she doing a faster version of step aerobics?

That’s what you get when your gym’s “training expert” has a 1-hour xfit training class under his belt. Let’s just hope they don’t get to too many high school football and sprint coaches.