Supplementing Blood Flow and Recovery

Actually I think Oscar De la Hoyas coaches some time ago did some reserach on the uses of Bromelain …

The pineapple prescription…sure but not everyone likes pineapple (crazy if you don’t ) and eating fresh every day is tough.

Geez! I just read a post warning people to take CoQ10 to counter potential free radical damage from higher doses of Vit E. Who knows! Guess the best bet is reasonable doses of good quality vits, quality oils, minerals and fresh food wherever possible.

I buy one every Sunday and use it up for 5 days of the week.

One of the best lucsious fruits out there …

It’s the only fruit I use apart from a banana every once in a while

http://www.clubnatural.com is the cheapest place I’ve found to buy bromelain capsules with the right potency.
Bromelain comes primarily from the stems of pineapple, not the flesh, so eating fresh pineapple is not a substitute!

Neospeed, 6-8 oz of pineapple is fine…save the grazing for gorillas! He is right though…the most potent part of the plant is the stems although I like to use LEF and Jarrow…

6-8oz of pineapple is fine? Nope. Not enough bromelain in that by a long shot.

Neospeed,

How much is in a cup of fresh and ripe pineapple…could you post the details?

Don’t use companies that have 6 BBB letters to their credit…cheap has it’s risks.

There is only a very small amount of bromelain in pineapple flesh (even in very ripe pineapple) and the GDU is too low (200-500 GDU) to exert any beneficial effects, apart from possibly improving digestion.
The vast majority of bromelain is found in the stems of fresh pineapple.
There is a small amount contained in pineapple juice.
The best way to get your bromelain is to take 3 x 500mg capsules yielding 2000-2500 GDU per capsule per day.
When taken on an empty stomach, it has a powerful anti-inflammatory effect without the side effects associated with anti-inflammatory drugs.

Regardless as to the beneftits of Bromelain Pineapples digestive assistance qualities are very good though

charlie ,so when you are supllementing arginine(before workout) you would take creatine(before,after,or both) too(I have read what you have written about the need of less creatine,injury,fluid and so on…)?

do you think that arginine in raw powder form could be good too?

and which form of arginine do you prefer?
Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate (AAKG)
Arginine Ethyl Ester HCL
Di Arginine Malate
there is the pyroglutamate too…

There’s quite a bit of work going on with various forms of Arginine right now and some are claimed to be more effective forms or that there is a benefit in a variety of forms (seems likely). I’d still be very careful of creatine beyond a very low dose and no loading dose. Any creatine should be split between before and after the session. We used to use the Musashi “Green”, which is Arginine and methionine powder in a 5 to 1 ratio, as I remember.

http://www.musashi.com.au/cpa/htm/htm_frame.asp?load=htm_store.asp

is this musashi company?

Yes, Charlie means Chen: Arousal

If you need it and other recommendations in the UK let me know by PM.

TC

thinking on cycling supplements…you said that-generally speaking-tyrosine is fit for peak phasis…what about arginine? when-in which phasis-do you suggest it?