Super light shoes!

There are many advantages of bare feet sporting: better motion control, more feeling in your feet and direct floor contact, etc. In this way you are more grounded and more aware of your feet and movements. Its also a good training for stronger feet. But a disadvantage is the risk of injuries, you can easily twist or slip.

The footsticker improves the activity and keeps the bare foot feeling! The flexible material feels like a second skin. This footsticker gives you more grip, support and protection.

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Footstickers-Independent-graduation-at-Nike-EMEA/839662

The benefits of these types of products is heavily overstated. Yes the average population could use some foot strengthening. However, most athletes get adequate strengthening through all the activities they are put through day-to-day, week-to-week. A good pair of running shoes will provide a good compromise between protection (rigidity and cushioning) and flexibility to allow the foot to do what it needs to do.

I’m seeing more and more of this type of footwear popping up on athletes who are trying to get an improvement. I’m not seeing the improvement, but I am seeing the potential risk.

such as track and road running in vibrams! Amazes me that if you said to people do that bare foot they wouldn’t, but put a thin rubber type layer on and it is all go. :rolleyes:

I guess it offers the same protection as a condom! :wink:

condom–like having a shower with a rain coat on.

One of my masters training partners started using Vibram’s last summer to run tempo on the grass infield at York.

The first time she ran in them, I watched her go down down like a ton of bricks after twisting her ankle in a rut.

More recently, she’s been using them to run tempo on the oval. She’s been hurt more this year than ever before, with loads of heel problems.

There’s a reason why the top guys run in neutral cushion shoes like Nike Pegasus, at least early in the year when volume is high. I paid attention to what Asafa, Nesta, Bolt, Tyson train in and purchased accordingly. I figured they had more experience and access to shoe types than me.

Bolt trains a lot in the lighter neutral cushion shoes a lot and I am not sure how he does not slip on grass because the traction on Pumas is not as good as Nike.