Sub max training for max results?

How much longer until puma pulls him and sends him to JA

The relay was not good but apparently he ran a 200m with ideal conditions and it was worse.

Surely you don’t keep your athlete out of a big meet, then let him or her perform right away some place else knowing the performances are not up to par?

Not like they are lacking money, or weather or therapy in Arizona are they?

In my opinion (first thought this was true at the time he left for Altis) he should have never left Caryl Smith Gilbert. The rumor I heard is she was going to charge him $150k-not sure if that was true and that might have possibly been a point of contention, again not sure about that. It was also said PUMA wanted him to train with a non college coach so the focus would be on DeGrasse and not a college team.

Right now, if it was true, $150k looks like a bargain.

He would not be the first athlete to ignore the value of the coach. Plus athletes don’t really understand the idea of spending money to make money which is what Charlie used to talk about.

Other professional athletes from hockey and basketball just to name a few never want to pay for massage or other therapy as they think these services are the responsibly of the teams. I find that funny given how much some of these modalities help accelerate recovery and therefor bottom line results. Having said that the athletes in question would have to have someone show them this and or explain this.

Fundamentally different employment models.
Team sports players are contracted employees. Club supplies management coaching medical and therapy. So why should they pay for themselves. Same as someone in a regular job who gets pension and health care in the package.
Athletes are self employed and need to sort out everything themselves. Not easy when you are 21. Probably why so many make mistakes like leaving the coach that got them there in the first place.

Team sports are contracted yes that is an important distinction you are making. I still found it surprising to learn that guys in Detroit and other professional NFL teams would rather skip massage ( as one example) than pay themselves. Same behavior at the Bulls.

It’s awfully young at 21 to have money but no real idea how it all needs to be organized. But why are people like Kevin or his coach or Dan guiding him?

Andre dropped another turd in China. 10.25 for 8th place with gatlin 10.20 for 7th. Cant say for sure yet if Gatlin shouldve stayed with Dennis, but Andre…shouldve stayed with Carol. She had him running fast, while atlis has him either hurt or running slow while changing his form…which doesnt seem to work. How long will puma take this?

It’s great to see Andre making his way and sticking around and doing exceptionally well.

He’s only 27 years old and has lots and lots of time to do anything he wants on and off the track.

In my opinion, he’s been able to bridge the gap from what could have been the end of his track days, into settling down and finding his way and producing consistent results.

I am looking forward to seeing how he does at worlds.