Sub 12 100m again!

I’ve been mainly working on top speed 25m flyes, but I’ve recently started on some 10-25m accels and 80m sprints…

50 min jog today

100 m race tuesday

Its been a while. How do I warmup?
Should I do something tomorrow,monday? Some blockwork?

That 50 min jog wont help your speed. I’d keep those of of your training. If your looking for cardio/recovery work search the forum for “tempo sessions”.

For monday, you could do some blocks just working on form though. just a few. Nothing all out. Get a decent warm up… Just a warm up. Nothing extra just get loose and warm. For race day try to time your warm up to where you wont get cold waiting around for your heat. Get some fast block starts in spikes as close as possible to your race.

Good luck!

Thanks, Ill try that!

Ive done tempo, but I really enjoy the slow jogs in the mountains

Yeah trail running in the mountains is very nice. Just dont train like a distance runner all the time. Are you in the US?

Nothern Norway. So its cold year round, but fantastic nature :slight_smile: New York?
Did a few block starts today. We will see tomorrow where its at.

100m 13.24 (-0.4w)

Had to run twice because of timing issues.Good workout. Im beat:)

Yes NYC. 13.24? You can get under 12.5 by next year…

wed: rest

thurs: weights
cleans 50kgx5
squats 70x3
incl bench 50x5
stiff deadl 55x10
more upperbody work and some plyo

fri/sat rest

sun: 3x30m blocks
5x20m flying (40m buildup)

Flying: I try to hit max at the 40 line and relax/execute through.Correct?
First steps out of the block dont do much. Any tips?

I would use a 20m build up with no blocks. I don’t think you would be taking 40m to hit top speed just yet…

:stuck_out_tongue: I like to build up gradually and save my energy for the 20m before the 40m line. If I were to go full throttle 20m I feel I work more acceleration than top speed. I might be wrong?

I wouldn’t be using the blocks gradually. you’ll either exit at the wrong angle or fall on your face.

I could be wrong on this, but I think I read somewhere that the quality of the acceleration affects the quality of the top speed. I suppose you don’t want to go flat out from the start, but 40m just seems like a really long wind up to me.

again, I could be wrong. this is just my impression over the internet… :stuck_out_tongue:

mon:rest

tues: weights
squats 80x3
clean 60x3
upperbody, stiff ham, plyo

wed: rest

thur:
6x60m 8.0
150m 20.8
300m 53.5 power gone after 80m

fri: 42min jog

sat: 4x30m blocks 4.2