Strength set up for 14 year old FB players

Well football season has ended for my freshman. Many of them have expressed interest in starting their off-season lifting on Monday. I’m all for it, they had an 8 game season and are ready to start improving. I would like to get them on somewhat of an organized schedule so they don’t come in every day and try to bench press and 1/8 squat lol. Throw in some bicep curls good to go :cool:

I was thinking of running Joe D’s WS4SB set up using the M-W-F scheme. Monday ME Upper (5RM), Wednesday ME Lower (5-6RM), Friday RE Upper. I feel no need to do any DE day or conditioning now; IMO this is a great time to add on some muscle mass before January and get a jump start on the off-season. Many of them have never been on a real program so I feel this could be of great benefit.

Thoughts? Comments?

Practical Programming for Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe could be useful.

Thank you, I’ve briefly skimmed through that before but I need to pick it up myself, it was a friends copy.

Which one? Starting Strength, or Practical Programming?

The 2nd edition of Starting Strength - Basic Barbell training and Practical Programming. There is also a Q& A section with Mark Rippetoe at Strengthmill.net which I find very useful. Just like Charlie, Rippetoe has a deep understanding of his area of expertise and an honest approach.