Stepping over

I would think most RBs (at the highest levels at least) of that size as going to be ~ -15lbs of fat and +15lbs of muscle. Seems quite out of shape to worry about stepping over.

I’ve been re-reading Speed Trap and thought the following quote would be helpful:

“Percy taught me the difference between running and sprinting - that while you run on the ground, you sprint over it, with the briefest possible foot contact. It’s like the spinning of a bicycle wheel; a sharp slap of the hand will impart more speed to the wheel than would a more prolonged stroke. The strongest sprinters spend the least time in pushing along the ground. They focus instead on moving their legs up and down, and are barely conscious of how their force is translated into horizontal impetus. They feel ease rather than power in their motion, since they overcome resistive forces - ground and air, gravity and inertia - with so little difficulty.”

That is probably the most concise description of the subjective sensation of proper sprinting you will find. It wasn’t until I trained with Charlie almost 15 years after I first read that description that I really appreciated it. It’s probably one of the most important tidbits Charlie ever wrote, and it’s easy to overlook.

How come we watching videos of John Rizzo?.

Still trying to understand the deal with him?

Percy’s children attended the funeral home on Monday and I spoke with each of them.
Charlie was very fond of Percy and I enjoyed meeting his family more than once.
They could not say enough good things about the man that took their father away often to be with Charlie.