Steffensen under fire in return to Sydney

John deserves all the hate he receives, for a long time I defended him but I found out he is dishonest and can’t be trusted, in the near future I will be forthcoming in disclosing events/incidents which will open the eyes of many.

Apparently on a National TV show out of Sydney just now Sally Pearson didn’t miss him. Apparently unloaded on Steffensen. Has never been a fan to begin with.

i would have loved to have seen that, currently in china at a pre season training camp working with chongqing lifan

i sent the article to a certain person yesterday his reply was interesting to say the least lol.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/

Sally didn’t rip Steff’s nuts off, but took him apart in a gold medal manner - with style… here’s the video link to the TV home page and there a window with Sally Pearson in it. (For those who don’t know, Pearson is IAAF Female AOY and 100m Hurdles world champion from Daegu with 12.28).
Nanny who’d you show the article to…Big John?

thanks for the link will watch it now

yeah i did! its a pity i will miss him when he is in melbourne next month owe him a few crownies, what a great guy been lucky to have spent hrs and hrs with 3 legends of sport through my jobs CK in taiwan was awesome and a legend and between all the time with charlie and john i couldnt put a price on the value of their friendhsip and help in my education to performance that has more cross sport relevance on team sport than many people realise

Those couple of comments, remind me of the popular having a secret and the less-popular wasn’t allowed to know. LOL :slight_smile:

Sally didn’t rip Steff’s nuts off, but took him apart in a gold medal manner - with style… here’s the video link to the TV home page and there a window with Sally Pearson in it. (For those who don’t know, Pearson is IAAF Female AOY and 100m Hurdles world champion from Daegu with 12.28).
Nanny who’d you show the article to…Big John?

yeah i did! its a pity i will miss him when he is in melbourne next month owe him a few crownies, what a great guy been lucky to have spent hrs and hrs with 3 legends of sport through my jobs CK in taiwan was awesome and a legend and between all the time with charlie and john i couldnt put a price on the value of their friendhsip and help in my education to performance that has more cross sport relevance on team sport than many people realise

Saw John training yesterday. I could have gone and talked to him but he looked like he was having fun. He is doing nothing more then Mundine, Green and Mohammed Ali did. He laughs when he says don’t take it personal, I am a sportsman this is my job.

If I remember next time I see him I’ll ask him.

was thinking maybe Paul Hallam who did supervise alot of john smiths work whilst he trained in australia but havent spoken with paul for a few months with being away

Apparently John didn’t pay Paul for coaching him in 2010 for 3 month period, I believe Paul had to decrease his teaching hours and was financially struggling because of this, now John denies this, and we have two different sides of the story.

John and Paul have not spoken since 2010, I know Paul is not happy about this as it was him who introduced John Smith and set him up in LA.

John does have a Narcissistic personality disorder a condition in which people have an inflated sense of self-importance and an extreme preoccupation with themselves.Taking advantage of other people to achieve their own goals is another classic example of NPD.

I believe he has based himself in WA this season not sure who is coaching him.

I could go one about some of the shit in my coaching carrer that will make Pauls problem pigeon shit. Nothing more than a storm in a teacup.

Also curious who his go between is.

Not getting paid for 3 months work, is not pigeon shit in my view.

Darrel Smith is the go between.

Darrell Smith has been in Australia for two weeks working with Steff and Nia Ali, a promising US female 100m hurdler.

I watched his 400m at the Sydney Track Classic today. To describe his behaviour after the race, including his interview, as utterly contemptible I think is putting it mildly. Narcissistic personality disorder & delusions of grandeur, is spot on!

Darrel Smith, John Smith’s son.

Coaching is the family business, having a son oversee the program of JS, guess it was always on the cards.

Darrell is John’s Nephew

I did a google, must have read it wrong. Any relation to John Steff

Compared to - not getting paid for 5 years, 1.2sec/100 improvement. Some one else gets the glory and $. I got over it, pideon shit.

It is just people/athletes, the way of the world.

Who cares it is all about me. lol with a :wink:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/more-sports/a-new-punchline-for-steffensen/story-e6frey6i-1226275157011

A new punchline for Steffensen
by: Mike Hurst
February 20, 2012 12:00AM

London bound: John Steffensen. Picture: Phil Hillyard Source: The Daily Telegraph

JOHN Steffensen locked in his place on Australia’s Olympic 4x400m relay team and came a step closer to earning an individual run with a commanding 400m victory at the Sydney Track Classic at Homebush on Saturday.

With triple world boxing champion Jeff Fenech standing watch on the grandstand concourse, Steffensen received a lukewarm reception from the crowd when introduced and an equally muted response to his post-race interview despite his impressive run and encouraging time of 45.61sec.

Fenech does Steffensen’s padwork and it showed as the 2006 Commonwealth 400m champ kept his arms punching right to the line.

Steffensen is a flamboyant personality whose most recent effort to entertain served only to belittle his own relay teammates and distract from his own excellence as a master of 400m running.

“It was a murder scene out there, the way I murdered their little boys. Someone should call 000. It was a crime scene,” he said after a narrow win in Perth a week earlier.

The comment earned him a rebuke from Australia’s 100m hurdles world champion Sally Pearson, who said “slagging off” teammates was not on.

The reality is Steffensen is a class runner and does not need to imitate Muhammad Ali or Anthony Mundine in order to entertain. With Darrell Smith - a nephew of the world’s greatest 400m coach John Smith - in Australia to coach Steffensen (and US hurdler Nia Ali), the Olympic A-qualifying time of 45.20sec could come at the Melbourne Olympic Trials on March 1-3.

Certainly he has a great admirer in Athletics Australia’s head coach Eric Hollingsworth, who made a show of himself embracing Steffensen on the track after he had crossed the line, a public display of affection I saw no others receive.

And veteran Tamsyn Manou, 33, who won her 800m in Sydney (2:01.53) is also a fan: “John’s not being serious - it’s not how he is. He’s such a good teammate and he’s great to all of us.”

Yet Steffensen was far from the meet’s stand-out performer. That honour belonged to Kiwi Valerie Adams who won the shot put with a world-leading toss of 20.67m - 11cm further than her Olympic gold-medal effort in Beijing.

Adams’s performance was all but ignored by the meeting’s producers. She was not even interviewed over the stadium PA after her event. And obviously that is Steffensen’s point: he will never be overlooked.

Henry Frayne also excelled, beating the Olympic A-qualifying mark of 8.20m, making him Australia’s greatest long and triple combination jumper (8.27m and 17.09m), surpassing Phil May (8.02m and 17.02m) within a week .