Tuesday, Jan. 18th, 2011

-15min warm up

-long tempo
100+100+100+
100+200++100+100+
100+200++200++100+
100+200+100+100+
100+100+100

Issues with right shin and low back, but I’ll fix myself soon. I know how, this isn’t new :slight_smile:

(p.s. I seem to be quite fit doing these, it’s just that I have functional problems these days, with some strange pains in areas mentioned above).

(Wednesday now, been up since 4am, and am now in Thessaloniki, very tired, but doing work nevertheless :o )

Wednesday, Jan. 19th, 2011

• 15min warm up

• quick stretching

• 2 x 50m uphill strides

• 4 x 150m hills (slow walk back recoveries).

Shin pain again, where I’ve never had it before, so I must take it a bit easy now.

EMS

• 3 x 20min relaxing massage on calves

Thursday, Jan. 21st, 2001

OFF (shin recovery; issue right in the middle of the right shin, on the top)

Friday, Jan. 22nd, 2001

OFF again.

Saturday, Jan. 23th, 2011

• 20min warm up

• few drills and stretching

• 11 x 100m hills (walk back recoveries)

• 3 x 100stairs (all doubles)

note: all fine

Sunday, Jan. 24th, 2011

• 25min warm up

• 8 x 100 stairs (all doubles)

note: all fine

Monday, Jan. 24th, 2011

too many things to do and then when it was time to train I was starving, so I ate instead and didn’t train. :o

Tuesday, Jan. 25th, 2011

• train trip to Athens (blahhhhh). Humangous headache afterwards.

• 42min run

• stretches and few drills

• 3 x 8 deadlifts

• abs

Wednesday, Jan. 26th, 2011.

• 20min warm up jog

• stretches

• 3 x 20m A skipos

• 3 x 20m B skips

• 2 x 20m running A’s

• 2 x 50m strides

• 10 x 30m hills (slow walk back recoveries)

• 11 x 100m hills (slow walk back recoveries)

Questions: deadlifts? Where? Such long hills? Where? Are you really in Greece these days? :stuck_out_tongue:

hahaha hi Nick :smiley:
Deadlifts: In Dejan’s house !!! :wink:

Long hills: at the little forest near the university town… it has some good dirt-hills).

S.U.S. (see you soon).

Thursday, Jan. 27th, 2011

• 20min warm up

• 16 x 150m tempo (walk 60m recoveries)
    (total 2400m)

• General gym stuff
    deadlifts, chin ups, bisep curls, abs

I’m sick.

(achy body, fever, coughing, runny nose; in that sequence, but now everything happening at the same time).

Friday, January 28th, 2011

Honestly, I don’t remember. But I did something…
Deadlifts and general weights for sure, gym-wise.

Saturday, January 29th, 2011

too much walking, and off

Sunday, January 30st, 2011

too much eating, and off

Monday, January 31st, 2001

too much sickness,and off

Tusday, February 1st, 2011

too much sickness, still,a nd off

Goodness…

(indoors is apparently out of the question)

Wednesday, Feb. 2nd, 2011

Sick (with fever, and coughing)

Thursday, Feb. 3rd, 2011

Sick (first day with no fever, but coughing, hopefully tomorrow I will be much better).
I feel like I have to start ALL over again, training-wise, but whatever. I like doing what I do, so be it.

p.s. going to Milan on Tuesday. Probably staying there for a month. My life is so hectic :rolleyes:

There are two kinds of people: Firstly, there are those who listen to what you have to say and immediately look for a response regarding themselves and their own experience, thinking that such comment is a valid contribution to the world’s problems.
Then there are those who will listen attentively and respond with a wishful comment or constructive critique on what you just said, digging in the matter deeper, showing greater care.

So in essence, the world is divided between the talkers and the listeners. The bad talkers are almost never good listeners. The good listeners can be good talkers as well.

A wish so simple, and so pure: “go with good strength”.
It’s probably something that one would expect to hear before going to a battle field, but it doesn’t always have to be that way…

‘Good strength’, is the kind of wish that makes me smile. I am used to hearing “have a safe trip”, and “have a good return” and “until next time” , etc., but they all imply that I quickly skip through whatever I have to do during my time somewhere, and then safely come back to where my past belongs, to pick up smoothly with my life. But trips are not always restful and planned intervals of a smooth daily routine; sometimes they are unpredictable obligations, from which one strives to inhale all the wisdom one can get. “Good strength”, is the willful desire to use positive power towards all my moments that I will spend to my whatever destination, and I’m happy to have a fresh memory of such a wish inside my heart.

I’m still unsettled, inside… I feel like I’ve been blown by the wind these past few years, here and there… and as unsettling as this may feel, whenever the time comes that I will find myself settled someplace, I think that the realization will be so unbearable and primal, that I will eventually perform something dangerous to comfort myself :o Whatever ‘dangerous’ really means.

There’s a saying “do everyday something that really scares you”. So maybe ‘unsettlements’ are a constructive blessing to life’s experiences after all. Maybe it’s why I am even engaged today !

This is still a training journal… I am still recovering from my illness.

Hope you feel better.

What happened to indoors? From the looks of things your training looked fine… Were you mentally wiped out? You have had quite a year :slight_smile:

Hi nycjay!

The first indoor meeting was last Saturday, and that’s when I started getting sick… now I’m really not sure and surely not ready after this illness…
Nationals are February 19th (I think), but now from the looks of it, I will be in Milan during that time.

I’m thinking maybe it’s just best to go straight to outdoors? (I can barely inhale now…)

I am sure all the travel and different places haven’t helped. I expect once that is out of the way and you get married that will help.

Personally not so sure doing something that scares you every day is the view the best option, perhaps something that challenges you is better. :confused:

Sunday, Febr. 6th, 2011

• 20min warm up

• dynamic stretching

• 8 x 150m strides (walk 40-50m recoveries)

Would this one be called an inquisitive sole

Nice

have you thought about tee shirts.

Yeah you might as well skip indoors if youre going to be gone for nationals… With all the traveling you do cant you get to Jamaica :slight_smile:

Oh BTW I like the Knee pic. Its hot :slight_smile:

Sunshine I suggest you are showing signs of overtraining and would cut back both volume and intensity for a block.

One day
10min warm up

• no dynamic stretching
    Other day
  • 4 x 150m strides (walk 40-50m + stabilised HR for 2 minutes recoveries)