Stefanie's

Come on Stefanie, they are just cadgers, the first 89 minutes of every game they show a boring game and then they always have luck and score…

Germany will do it! :slight_smile:

I think the aussie soccer team could relate to this…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrxrPEXvI9c

:slight_smile: it’s pretty fun isn’t it? We’ll see in the semis :cool:

great guys, you’re only the best! wow :smiley:

see this…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgsGG8Mh2PA&feature=related

PS: dynam…i like germany, I hope they win Euro 2008.
A great final game should be Germany-Russia

At least soccer players know they can pursue acting afterwards :slight_smile:

Thanks for the wish Bold :slight_smile:
No year off needed… :eek: You’re crazy. :o
I’ll be fine, watch me.

June 23
Track:

• 1mile warm up

• 2 x 50 strides on grass (yay… I strided)

• 10 x 10m running A’s @50%

• 10 x 10m running A’s @75%

• 10 x 10m running A’s @100% (one big set, no breaks)

• 6 x 60m running A’s on grass, walk back recoveries.

(all these running A skips because I’m still not comfortable sprinting… bear with me… )

Silly Recommendation of the day:
Forget bathroom fragrance spray ! After you’re done with your potty business, you can simply hold a match and let it burn in the room (blow the flame before it burns your finger)… Odor disappears. Baraboom.

Welcome back to regular posting, Stef! :slight_smile:

Watch out for smoothness on that grass.

Does the intensity of As relate to knee height?

All I was waiting for was a celebration a la Luca Toni, but nope! :rolleyes:

It’s funny when a female starts a journal everyone post comments.

Thanks Nik :slight_smile:

No, knee height is always the same, intensity relates to frequency, which I’m guessing you’ll say is wrong (?) because you’re supposed to do drills slow anyway because speed doesn’t really matter? What’s your opinion on this?

Tempo-type day today: June 24, OH IT’S ALSO MY BIRTHDAY :smiley:
I’ve completed a quarter of a century.
I hope this year I can related to Drob’s quote: “Getting faster at 25???” :stuck_out_tongue:

Pool:

• 11 x 50m freestyle + backstroke (I might be getting the hang of this? I still get really tired every 50m though. My technique must be horrible :slight_smile: )
    (Total 550meters)
  • 12 x 50m kickboards (front and back)
    (Total 600meters)

Track: (this is so convenient… they’re next to each other)

• 6 x 80m A skips w/100m casual skipping rests
  • 6 x 80m B skips same as above
    (These are introductions to tempo workouts, as I said earlier, I’m not comfortable running)
  • 4 laps cool down jog with my friend who came back from the Euro meeting in France. I always like listening to stories… :slight_smile:

Realization of the day:

• It feels like I have way too much muscle on my body… I know that can be good because I want to be called a sprinter, but I don’t know… People stare at that pool. :confused:
    On another note, I feel very “fresh” doing drills (as opposed to in the past), feeling explosive etc, so I think my muscles must be good for something.
    Well I always looked strong, but I think all the isos have changed some things.

Accident of the day:

• Lady collided into me in the pool while I was backstroking, she was going the opposite way… :mad:

P.S. Lacrossetrack, I love comments ! Without them, I might as well post in a notebook. (and send everything to Nikoluski for reviews… :stuck_out_tongue: )

Happy birthday. :slight_smile:

That’s because there’s so much besides weights and reps.

Thanks John :slight_smile: (and Juggler!)

June 25

Pool:

• 12 x 50m (25m freestyle + 25m backstroke). I have breathing issues, I think I have asthma? :rolleyes: I do fine exhaling inside the water, but then I never can time my inhales correctly, one of these days I’m gonna choke on a big gulp of chlorine water and embarass myself. But no… :cool:
  • 10 x 50m backkicking with no arms (and no board)
  • 6 x 50m forward kickboards

Isos:

• About half hour of rebound reps (these take less time than the holds, cause I count reps - 50 for each exercise)

Realization of the day!

• Despite the breathing deficiency, I noticed that when you swim and nobody ever has showed you how to swim correctly, you really don’t need one to tell you how… Swimming is a natural human instinct, babies know that… I think humans have stopped using their brain because all the information that we need is out there for us, and we’re too lazy to look within. We can pretty much react to ANYTHING, as long as we embody with the experience and feel every particle around us.
    And I’m not talking about doggy-swimming… I’m talking about swimming in an efficient way.
    After realizing this today, there were times when I was able to suddenly relax my “naturally occurring” tension in water, and before I knew it, I was half way across the pool, and doing 6 strokes for every breath, nicely enjoying my time under there, and “listening” to what was going on… (me gasping for air :stuck_out_tongue: )
  • And I think I have finally figured out the efficient way of kicking. Maybe one day I’ll put it all together and call myself a swimmer?

Question:

• Can one go blind from swimming too much in chlorine water w/out goggles? What are the side effects? (I don’t like my goggles… my eyelashes keep hitting the plastic when I blink and it’s uncomfortable… I’ve tried 2 pairs. I know I have issues ! :confused: )

P.S. Germany against Turkey coming up in Euro :slight_smile:

Clap clap, good luck in the final ! :slight_smile:
But you can’t say Turkey showed a boring game on this one… yes?

i wouldn’t worry too much about the chlorine. i spent pretty much my entire childhood underwater with my eyes open (hated goggles), and okay so far. :smiley:

Much chlorine can give you respiratory problems, caution.

Really? How do swimmers deal with that?
Thanks Jami.

Yuheeeeee phenomenal :slight_smile: Final,Final,Final,Final :slight_smile:

We have to win now…

ps: No I can’t say :slight_smile:

I think if Spain wins today, I’m with Spain, but if Russia wins today, I’m with you !
But I’ll let you know for sure after today, I need to make more observations, hehe…

no matter how the game today will end, you have to be for Germany

:smiley:

recently you were rooting for turks, and who won? Germany… right

you better support Germany right now! :smiley:

So let me root for Spain, and Germany will win !! :wink: