Stefanie's

Good old days! :stuck_out_tongue:

Friday, Oct. 7th, 2011

7:30am training:

• 10min warm up
  • grass strides: 5 x 80m

short hills:

• 10 x 40m (walk back recoveries)

6 oā€™clock evening training: the weather got colder and I feel it on my shinsā€¦

• 20min biking to the park

• 20min ā€˜cool downā€™, where the last 10ā€™ had 5 x 100m strides ā€˜blendedā€™ inside.

• 20min biking back

I need to learn liking this cold againā€¦ ughhh. Or maybe it was just today. Fingers crossed =)

Saturday, October 8th, 2011

17min biking to the track for Sicilian training
20min warm up, stretch, drill, stride

5 x 80m , walk back recoveries <6min rest)
5 x 60m, walk back recoveries <8min rest)

1 x 300m , relaxed and easy, at 46 secs (weather much colder too, so this was good)

17min biking back

Sunday, Oct. 9th

20min biking to park
45min Sicilian run (at 4.44per km, and some faster with one at 4.25)and 2 strides in the end

Sicilian lunch
20min biking back

yes

Yours currently injured

John

It was nothing serious - it only bothered me for a day or two. As you can see, Iā€™ve been training every day, since.

Plus, calf cramps have always been an issue with me, and itā€™s mostly a matter of proper stretching. And not a matter of doing an extra ā€˜warm up/activationā€™ on the grass in the a.m. ā€¦ prior to 8hrs of sedentary work and evening training.

Monday, Oct. 10th, 2011

Took the day off today because I got sick in the evening yesterday, and had a very slight fever for half the day today.
Now perfectly fine =D (after consuming paracetamole medicine, multivitamins, C supplements, green tea, and 4.5 liters of waters :stuck_out_tongue: )

Just some abdominal exercises though ā€¦

Tuesday, Oct. 11th, 2011

-20min biking to university
I had coffee with some other colleagues, and how gooddd it is to get some feedback on my work by others. When I think that Iā€™m just mediocre, some friends will pop out to tell me with honesty that Iā€™m working harder than most, with excellent results.
How refreshing =))))
I hope this turns out well until the very end.
I also really value my decision to stay in Milan for these 6 months (well, 5 remaining now). Not only is it more easy to get in a ā€˜rhythmā€™ of constructional production, but training has also become tons more consistent, in terms of effort and frequency. I generally feel very very good so farā€¦ Perhaps the weather has helped too. Itā€™s wonderful out again.

Sicilian training:

• 20min warm up, stretch, drill, stride

- 7 x 150m, w/walk back recoveries, except before the 7th one I skipped a rep, hence longer recovery for me, @ 21.3-22.8" (last one was the faster one)

• 35min gym (strength, abs and stretching)

• 20min biking home

Training is so much fun again, and although I know that the program has nothing to do with Charlie stuff and what Iā€™ve been trying to follow in the past, I know that at this point, whatever I can do consistently, will have good results. (I hope) As long as I am careful of course.
So far so good ! (please donā€™t be negative on this , looking for the first opportunity to say "THERE, see what happened now because you didnā€™t follow plan CF, or you didnā€™t do this or that ā€¦ " Itā€™s really important for me now that Iā€™m training, and with GREAT support. While phd is moving along .

Thank you =)

You are exactly right! :slight_smile:

And this I learned from Nikoluski :stuck_out_tongue:

Wednesday, Oct. 12th, 2011

7.30am training:

• 10min warm up, stretch

- 5 x 100m runs on grass (a la tempo) (morning sessions are starting to feel very comfortable ! Well, the weatherā€™s been nice too ā€¦)

• 12 x 40m hills w/walk back recoveries (nice feel)

7pm training with older Sicilian brother (the younger one will not be running this year, due to an overloaded academic program. Darn academics. Actually darn to his genius mind, because heā€™s trying to finish extra early - law school ā€¦ )
Anyway, the older brother is a really great athleteā€¦ and now a good friendā€¦ I feel so happy to be training with him and not alone, I just cannot stress this enough ā€¦ I must have suffered all this time alone, really :stuck_out_tongue: Now I understand ā€¦

• 17min biking to starting point

• 45min long run ( hahaha ā€¦) this was actually pretty ā€˜fastā€™ for me, at 4:32ā€™ per km and the last km went faster (4:22). (Sicilian did an extra 2km in the end at 3:33 and 3.13 ā€¦ pssss)
    good stretch

• 8min cool down back

• 17min biking home

Thursday, Oct. 13th, 2011

Ohhhhhh my goodnessā€¦ I got food poisoning today, it seems. Iā€™ve never felt so HORRIBLE in my life. I had a slight irritation before and after training, but when I got homeā€¦ (by bike :S) it startedā€¦ and I couldnā€™t move a step, and I was cold, and had a fever, and couldnā€™t get to the kitchen to make me some soup and drink some milkā€¦ but I made it.
I took some paracetamole medicine, which took care of the fever, and some japanese friendā€™s stomach-pain medicine, and now Iā€™m SOOOO relieved that this pain is gone.
Oh goodnessā€¦

Training was good though :stuck_out_tongue:

(17min biking to meeting place)
(half hour drive to a new track where the Sicilian coach trains a group of youngsters. I trained with a talented 18 year old)
(the time is now 6pm and itā€™s rather humid but nice)

• 24min hard warm up (my mistake to warm up outside with the older sicilian brother and his friend ā€¦ that was taxingā€¦)

• stretch, drill, stride

• 400m @ 65" ( :o ) rather easy. This was refreshing ā€¦ , 5ā€™ break

• 300m @ 46", 5ā€™ break

• 200m @ 29", 5ā€™ break

• 200m @ 29" (here I get a very intense pain up in the liver while doing this, but this happens often due to fatigue. )

(15min drive back to sicilian place - less trafficā€¦)

I was very happy ā€¦ I gave the sicilian brothers portrait gifts, and I so LOVE making this kind of art-giftā€¦ I just love it :slight_smile:
Iā€™ll post them on my website tomorrow probably.

I pray to all mighty existences that I donā€™t have any more stomach pain tomorrowā€¦

And thatā€™s why you were exactly right! :smiley:

I hope you feel better already!

exactly so !!!

Yesterday was off, with some minor irritations.
Today Iā€™m fine !! Training in about an hour :stuck_out_tongue:

Saturday, Oct. 15th, 2011

The temperature dropped suddenly ! Brrrrr ā€¦ And windy too ā€¦

• 17min biking to the track

• 18min warm up with my sicilian friend

• stretch, drill, stride (4 with trainers, 2 with spikes)

• 600m (4ā€™rest), 400m (4ā€™rest), 400m (4ā€™rest). The target times were: under 2ā€™, and under 1:12 for the 400s
    >> 1:52, 1:12, 1:10. Ughhā€¦ Legs were tight all the time, despite the good warm up. I HATE cold ā€¦ I donā€™t know what to do to relax in it.

• 1 lap cool down.

• 30min gym (strength, abs and stretching)

• 17min biking home.

Now I have a runny nose. This is another after-training-winter symptom ā€¦ I need to boost up my immune system more.

Check out my latest blog-post if youā€™d like: [i]http://stefaniesart.com/?p=750[/i]

Sunday, Oct. 16th, 2011

Another off day (third of the week), but regarding the fact that Iā€™ve had 5 good sessions, and 3 good illnesses (Monday fever, Thursday food poisoning and Saturday cold) :P, itā€™s best to rest and get some color on my cheeks !!

Winter winter ā€¦ letā€™s make peace.

This is a good video of what myths have been said about Greece during this economical crisis, and what the truths and potentials are. It was presented during the BHCC Annual London Conference ~ 28 June 2011. Itā€™s a nice one :slight_smile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppJW01LeRrk&feature=player_embedded

Monday, Oct. 17th, 2011

9am training (all on grass)

• 10min warm up

• 7 x 80m drill + stride run throughs

• 1 x 80m stride

• 8 x 40m hills (walk back)

• 1 x 100m stride

• 5min jog back.

((shower eat work work work eat work work :stuck_out_tongue: ))

6pm training (all on grass again)

• 21min easy run

• 12 x 100m tempo runs on grass

• 5min jog back

• 20min ab work

((shower eat work work sleep - eventually ))

Tuesday, Oct. 18th, 2011

nice and rested =)
And not as cold =)

• 17min biking to uni track

• 20min warm up with group

• stretch, drill, stride (trainers and spikes)

• 5 x 80m w/walk back recoveries @ 9.80-10.15" (good stuffā€¦ I love running with my Sicilian friend, because I try to keep up with his frequency, like a magnet, and I go fasterā€¦) , 5min rest

• 5 x 60m w/walk back recoveries @ 7.80-8.18 (my acceleration needs work, obviously, if youā€™ve kept up with my training so far :stuck_out_tongue: ) , 7min rest

• 1 x 300m @ 43.8 ( :slight_smile: ) fastest since September (well, June, technically, which was a 42.somethingā€¦). Yay.

• 30min gym (strength, abs and good stretching)

• 17min bike back.

Pleased pleased pleased.

Wednesday, Oct. 19th, 2011

oh goodnessā€¦ I canā€™t believe no one in my class is attempting to graduate this Febr/Marchā€¦ Iā€™m the only one submitting final material for the phd.
Fingers crossed.

Longggg mostly pointless meeting, a waste of half a day.
Oh well, letā€™s move on now :slight_smile:

(- 17min biking to uni

• 17min biking back home )

Night quick-easy-recovery- training.
Yeah rightā€¦

I got knocked over by a freakin DOG !!!

I was jogging (15min), and this huge puffy dog came running at fulll speed towards me, barking (he probably wanted to play, but anyway, this kind of thing scares me just a bitā€¦). I decided to just continue jogging, but the creature didnā€™t even stop, and collided right on my leg, at the outside of my knee, and knocked me over on the grassā€¦ One second I was standing, the other I was on the ground.
Thank goodness it didnā€™t attack me more :o
The owners arrived casually 30" later to a pissed-off me, because my knee was hurting, but I left them wondering if I was hurt or not.

• 12 x 100m tempo runs on grass

That felt fine, but now that Iā€™m home, I do have some slight knee irritation. Hopefully it goes away by tomorrow.

• 20min ab work

Goodnessā€¦

Maybe I should have some Sicilian limoncelloā€¦

Good thing you donā€™t have antelope in your neighborhood.

//youtu.be/vlPszRbUqVA

Thank goodness for that =))

Thursday, Oct. 20th, 2011

ahhhā€¦ only 10 more days till the end of October. Itā€™s funny how SMALL the months seem with BIG work tasks in oneā€™s head !!

But how I am lovinggggg Milanā€™s weather this fall ā€¦ !! This is very untypical.

• 17min to the track
    Sicilian training

• 20min warm up

• stretch, drill, stride

• 200, 150, 200, 150, 200, 150 (walk back recoveries) @ 29.4, 22.4, 30.1, 21.5, 30.3, 22.1 (lactic-ouch in the end)

• 17min biking back

And thatā€™s it.

Oh. My knee has been bothering me from the dog-collision since this morning, with some trouble going down the stairs, but itā€™s slowly going away. =) (all fine during training).