Stefanie's

that tempo, are you doing intensive? It looks higher than 75% given your 300m times.

Hey John, maybe the meters are not 300m exact, since I’m doing these as one-lappers at the interior soccer field, which others measure as 320m and others as 280m… or anything in between. I might be in the lower range of meters because I like to cut the corners to save my legs. Anyhow, it doesn’t feel intensive!

Since you are using the in-field (~300 m, yes), here it is a session you can try:

1. 1 X 2 laps (=~600 m)
  2. 4 X 1 lap (=~1200 m)
  3. 3 X 3/4 lap (=~675 m)
  4. 2 X 1.5 laps (=~900 m)
    10 Runs in total (=~3375 m)

I know intervals are longer (i.e., 225 - 600 m) than what you are used to in most such sessions , but place it and adjust when and as needed (or not at all, lol).

Keep it up!

I like! And I need…

Today was not so good, except for the last rep when my body remembered technique again. I have an issue with running form, still… It’s such a waste of energy when I don’t run correctly, and anything more than 80m makes me feel that way. I hope it’s something I get over soon, as I’m dying to feel good throughout a whole longer sprint!

• 10min warm up , stretch, drills, blah blah

• 4 x 80m strides

• 3 x 80m strides on spikes

• 200m+(2x80m) , 90" between all reps (it was so windy at the first turn (headwind), and then side wind for the straight, and I timed these on my own, so I’m not really sure how accurate they are, but anyhow, didn’t feel so good/springy throughout at all; low 28 and high 10s for the following rep as well, so I don’t repeat myself… oh boy.
    (20min rest)

• 200m+(2x80m)
    I wasn’t even tired after these.

cool down: 4x80m strides

Not so happy, but I believe it will come together. I need to add some speed work before SE, I think. At least once/week.

Wednesday, May 18th, 2011

• Morning 600 MB abs

I’m doing much better with tempo runs than I’m doing with speed/ SE work =S Hopefully things come together

• 15min run
  • long stretch

(Nick’s tempo minus the last rep, because that last 1.5 lapper was not pleasant :stuck_out_tongue: - but only that. My ear even buzzed).

• 1 x 2 laps (@1:54), 2’ rest
  • 4 x 1 laps (@56,54,53,52), 1.5’ rests between reps, then 2:20 rest
  • 3 x 3/4 laps (@38, 39, 40), 1:20 rests between reps, then 2:20 rest (things were good up to here!)
  • 1 x 1.5 lap (@1:30), goodness…

total ~ 3375-450= 2925m

cool down:
light jog and

• 4 x 100m, walk back recoveries

I didn’t say abs in the morning! But it was good enough! :stuck_out_tongue: The rests between sets could have been longer (“now you tell me”, I know, lol!). Good effort, Stef! :slight_smile:

Now you tell me…
:stuck_out_tongue:

Thursday, May 19, 2011

afternoon training: (drizzling)

Bike to the track (30min)

• 10min warm up, static stretching

• Drills, the usual

• 3 x 80m strides on grass

• 3 x 80m strides in spikes

• 200+100 (30"rest). Where is the speed??? Low 28", low 13", self timed. I tried to run as relaxed as possible. It worked, but not fast :stuck_out_tongue:

20min rest

• 3x100 (1.5’rests). All low 13s. I’d like to go faster. Please.

Bike back (30min)

1 hr walk with mom

Friday, May 20th, 2011

half hour easy biking
10min warm up, stretch
drills, the usual
3 x strides

tempo:
Long circuit, rest (2200m)
100+100 (200m)
100++100++100++100++100 (500m)

(total 2900m)
tempo form felt better than ever. Maybe there’s some kind of tempo competition I can enter in.

Sorry these journals are not so interesting with drama etc, but I’m overwhelmed with life right now !!! Training makes me tired, and phd needs to be doneeeeee (in 6 months).

Saturday, May 21st, 2011

half hour biking
10min warm up, stretch
drills, the usual
3xstrides on grass

2xstrides in spikes

Feeling tired.

• 300+100 (1.5’r) , @43.7,14.0. Blahhhh. Did not feel good. I need to relax.

I also have a minor injury to the inside of my right angle (since 5 days ago, but nothing major), and since my shin also hurt, I decided not to do another one.

15min biking, flat tire.
1hr walking… Oh boy.

2hrs sleep :stuck_out_tongue:

Sunday, May 22nd, 2011

passive rest (ping pong, but that doesn’t count, I think)

Monday, May 23rd, 2011
afternoon abs and other exercises

evening:

10min warm up

100+100+100+
100+200++100+100+
100+200++200++100+
100+100+100+
100+100+100 (total 2000m)

5min cool down

^%^#$#%&&*(&Y$%#$^$%#$%@ (breath in… breath out)
(inner ankle pain… I have to resolve this)
session failed today
meet tomorrow??? (400m)

World University Challenge on Saturday, in Paris (200m, 800m)

Don’t feel any pressure to do any of the above!

can you explain?

Hey Nick!
Saturday is a bit of pressure, as our team captain is all into this and wants many many points!! But the organizers stress in the emails: “key words for this extraordinary journey: conviviality and relaxed encounters”. Let’s see!!!

John, I started having niggles about a week ago, but as I’ve never experienced pain there before (inside of the right ankle,exactly in the middle, hurting especially with spikes on and while applying pressure, and also when stretching the foot upward and towards the right direction - if that makes any sense), I thought that maybe I just twisted it on the grass; this usually goes away quickly (in my experiences).
Last Thursday’s session was somewhat painful, but it was drizzling then, and I thought ‘oh, it must be the humidity’ :stuck_out_tongue:
Saturday was ok, and also Monday’s tempo was ok.
Tuesday (yesterday) it hurt with everything; warming up, strides, spikes especially. The meet today did not happen (I didn’t even go). I’m hoping to be fine on Saturday so that I can eventually get rid of the niggle all together, because I’m running in Paris regardless (there’s a minimum number of girls who have to run in order to have a complete team to participate and I’m committed to run.
I think I can resolve this with EMS, strength exercises, icing etc.
Today I did general weights, and it felt better already. I hope it’s a matter of ‘equilibrium’/strength; this I can deal with :slight_smile:

Wednesday, May 25th
Today: 1hr total biking, very light jogging and 1hr general strength.

Thursday, May 26th, 2011

Things are ok on grass.
20x100m tempo.

Traveling in a short while.
Trip to Paris tomorrow !
I’m overall nervous. (with everything)
Out of my comfort zone …

Have you been to Paris before?

Good luck on saturday. Hope you’re pain free by then.

Thank you myway !! I’m not gonna think about it and I should be ok.
Never been to Paris before, vedette :slight_smile:
(I’m in Italy right now. 7am BUS to Paris tomorrow with the team :stuck_out_tongue: Oh boy !! )

Enjoy! I hope you have some time to walk around.