Stefanie's

See,everything tends to have correlation with brain activity of some kind.Otherwise there would not be any ā€œeverythingā€ at allā€¦

Re-read what I wrote about adaptive states. There lie all of possible answers to your questions above. It is completely a matter of where you are ,and where you want to move to.From here,I justā€¦cannot tell!

Iā€™ll ponder on it then ā€¦
Thank you for your feedback so far!

Do you think you have found the solution to such equilibrium that you describe?
I only know of the Spartans. :o
As complicated as it sounds to achieve, I think we have evolved in a bad way, hindering the clarity in order to understand the simplicity of it. And once one understands, well, the practicality of doing is another story.
Until then, I personally can only act, and write about it, with all the valuable feedback that I can get.

I agree,and you are surely doing a good job.

Surprizingly, this gives me twice the motivation for tomorrow and now. :slight_smile: Thank you.

Thursday, Dec. 9th, 2010

This morning was running around trying to find a printer that worked and had ink in it, in order to print my three-finger-length-thick research accomplished during 2010, along with my three publications :slight_smile: I love how I love my topic.

I also love Nicola Piovaniā€™s music.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpxaTslABDY

What I donā€™t love, are people at the Politecnico. They all need lives.

Anyway, job done, including

• 15+15+15+15min bike rides to and from the university.

Then normal training with a light heart and a heavy heavy heavyyy wind. I had planned this to be plyo-day:

• medium-long warm up
  • 5min dynamic stretching

(everything on grass)

• 5 x 20min uphill A skips

• 5 x 20min uphill running A skips

• 5 x 20min uphill B skips
    (stretching)

• 3 x 80m strides

• 6 x R-R-L-L for 32 ground contacts each set - I went further and further until I reached a certain tree that was 65m away)
    (stretching)

• 5 x 10m uphill depth jumps (with short stops after each contact)
    (stretching)

• 5 x 25m uphill accelerations

• 7 x double stairs for 18 contacts each set

• 3 x 6 imaginary hurdle hops

• pull ups/chin ups at the monkey bars

I want steak.

Friday, Dec. 10th, 2010

• 40min easy run with friend. I felt very tired due to lack of partial sleep the two previous days. (I only do these because I have good chatting company during them. If I had no company, I would have just gone to sleep and done nothing physical)

Saturday, Dec. 11th, 2010

• 20min bike

• 30min warm up

• 11 x 100m hills with slow walk back recoveries. These felt fine and technically smooth, almost ā€˜enlighteningā€™. Pleased, is the word :slight_smile:

• 20min bike back

Bought new pads for my EMS, finally. I think tomorrow I will have a good session with it. (along with tempo). Well, thatā€™s the plan.

Today was dinner with fellow residents and friends, and wine made me tipsy, as always, and it was a good time :slight_smile:

Itā€™s cold out.

Ohā€¦ My ā€˜newā€™ clubā€™s request for my transfer got REJECTED by the greek track federation (LOL) because there was supposedly no proof of my change of residency (paper issues) in Athens, which is really not true, because we did all the paperwork meticulouslyā€¦ Now the club must pay 1000 euros for an objection ( I guess itā€™s one way to make money, from the federationā€™s sideā€¦) , and thatā€™s surely not happening :rolleyes:. So Iā€™m with my old club again, it seems, whatever that meansā€¦ Iā€™m not in a state to analyze it, I had a lot of wine. :confused:

Hahaha!!! WhatEVA!

Nick, indeed !!

Sunday, Dec. 12th, 2010
(on grass)

• 35-40min chat-run with my friend. These are very calming overal; my friend is an excellent man.

(then alone)

• long tempo
    100+100+100+
    100+200++100+100+
    100+200++200++100+
    100+200++100+100+
    100+100+100++++++

• rubber band sideway walks (ouch)

EMS: (new pads :smiley: )

• 40min stregnth on glutes (201mA)
  • 20min explosive strength on hamstrings (150mA)
  • 25min active recovery on hamstrings
  • 25min active recovery on calves
  • 40min strength on quads (80mA)

Monday, Dec. 13th, 2010.

Iā€™ve been so anxious all dayyyyy longggggā€¦ Because I want Friday to be here already, and itā€™s only Monday, and I must submit 2 papers this week, that are not challenging me right now, because they are pretty much already written (so nothing to take my head away from how many days are left to go HOME).

Training didnā€™t go so well today, as the very low part of my shin was bothering me again and I decided to be very careful, and I also nearly pulled a calf doing drillsā€¦ It wasnā€™t so cold today (10 degrees), but it was so gusty that it felt like nearly zero to me.

This is how it went:
morning: sideway rubber band walks (3 sets)
afternoon:

• 15min warm up and 5min dynamic stretching
  • 4 x 35m A skips
  • 4 x 35m B skips
  • 2 x 40m scissor kicks (here it started to get more uncomfortable, so I decided to stop any bounding) > today was plyo/grass sprinting/hill day
    (over at the monkey bars:)
  • 3 x 12 dips
    2 x 12 chin ups
    2 x 12 pull ups
    sit ups

currently EMSing, but I ran out of batteryā€¦ ughhhā€¦ (anxietyā€¦ :o )

edit for EMS update:

• 20min bodybuilding program on glutes
  • 20min active recovery on glutes (this is probably inappropriate to mention, but EMSā€™ing glutes is a ā€œproblemā€ to me) =S do guys even have similar issues ?
  • 20min active recovery on hamstrings
  • 20min active recovery on calves

Tomorrow I am finally going to see the Last Supper ā€¦ at 8am :rolleyes:

Tuesday, Dec. 14th, 2010

Last Supper was nice. I expected it more mind blowing, but I suppose thatā€™s what age does to beautiful things, despite all the restoration. Not everything ages like wine :stuck_out_tongue: (only me, haaaaaahahahah)

Anyway

0-1 degree yesterday; I think itā€™s the combination of cold and anxiety of last days before going home (to my oldest sister getting married :eek: ) that adds up to all these niggles of this day and the day before, including: sore left quad (I think this is due to EMS, but why just the leftā€¦? I intensified them equally. Anyway, this is more rhetorical, itā€™s no so important, and itā€™s almost gone by now), low right shin pain, and sudden slight cramps on right calf (with overstretch potential, but I seem to catch it on time each time, either by relaxing, or become aware of technique more - It is my word of wisdon the past 2 years that niggles are blessings; they guide you towards what to do better technique-wise :o)

• 15-20min biking to park

• 20min warm up

• 10min dynamic stretching

• 8 x 100m hills w/slow walk back recoveries

• 3 x 70m uphill running Aā€™s (ouch)

• 15-20min biking back

Today I might not have time to anything due to all-day-long university happenings (yearly review day). Weā€™ll seeā€¦ All I know is that itā€™s -4 out now, and Iā€™d rather sleeeeeeeeeeep.

Wednesday, Dec. 17th, 2010.
As predicted, too busy to do anything training-wise, other than sleep for 2hrs in the middle of the day :o

Little by little, people Iā€™ve become close to are departing from the residence for Christmas vacation, some ā€˜foreverā€™ and itā€™s a strange feeling, as most of us have been anxious to go home, but now thereā€™s a bitter-sweet sensation. All are such nice people, but Iā€™m sure weā€™ll cross paths again at some point

Speaking of which, year 2 of phd is officially passed and over :smiley:

Now really looking forward to my sisterā€™s bachelorette party this weekend - weā€™re going to a nice hotel at a far away beach and doing spa during the day and night dancing, while all meals will be buffets =))

Today:

• 15min + 15min biking

Now predicting that my mom will tell me that I lost weight and then sheā€™ll try to over-feed me, as always, but I feel strong nevertheless, and I like the six pack Iā€™ve developed despite all the chocolate that Iā€™m eating lately :slight_smile: (for my momā€™s sakeā€¦ :o)

On the other hand, I should perhaps increase my salt intake; I have symptoms of low blood pressure, and sometimes Iā€™m this close to fainting (if I take longer than normal to eat something).

Now itā€™s 2am and I must finish reading 100 pages of a book on the formation of modern urban architectural formsā€¦ hmmm

Or maybe I will skip the task and worry about it in a week when I will be in Greece with no book, and a 100euro price to buy it on amazonā€¦ :confused:

The problems of life :rolleyes:

Thursday, Dec. 16th, 2010

• 10-15min warm up

• short tempo circuit
    100+100+100+
    100+200++100+
    100+100+100 +++
    (soooooo tiredā€¦ havenā€™t been sleeping much the past 2 nights)

monkey bars:

• 3 x 12 dips
  • 2 x 12 chin ups
  • 1 x 12 pull ups
  • abs

(really short training dayā€¦)

My taxi picks me up at 4.30am tomorrow morning :eek: (travel day) Time for bedā€¦

Friday, Dec. 17th, 2010

Travel day and much more

Saturday, Dec. 18th, 2010

• 20min warm up
  • 5 x 100 stairs (doubles, so 50 contacts each )
  • 1 x 150m hill

Travel to hotel/spa resort for my sisterā€™s bachelorette party

• jaucuzzi

• sauna

• hamam

• heating chairs

• party :stuck_out_tongue:

Sunday, Dec. 19th, 2010

(travel back in the afternoon)

• 25min easy run with sister

Monday, Dec.20th, 2010

• 30min hard run on grass with fellow 400m athletes
    drills
    4 x 30m A skips
    4 x 30m B skips
    4 x 20m running As into 20m stride

tempo:

• 10 x field diagonals, w/ 60m rest

• 3 x 12 leg curls

• plenty of abs/push ups

note: felt weak during the tempo diagonals, but tomorrow will be a better day!
I like my Thessaoniki-group a whole lotā€¦

Compared to what other group? :smiley:

Perhaps that 30 min hard run had something to do with how you felt during the diagonals?

and the drills, why the drills after a hard 30 min run, that will help with good form :rolleyes:

Drills felt excellent John !!!

Iā€™m actually almost about to get sick, hence the weak-feelingā€¦ some kind of virusā€¦ Iā€™m trying to avoid it by drinking vitamins and fluids, and blah blah blahā€¦

Today Iā€™m doing 150s, I think, depending on the rest of the group :slight_smile: Iā€™ll make them few and hard, regardless, to start getting into special prep stuff. =) And the weather is so great. I wish this virus went away.

Nick, haha youā€™re right; I guess compared to whatever group I find in Athens, or whatever random company I get in Milan :o But nothing beats training with these guysā€¦ (so far).

Thursday morning I will film the plyos and drills; I just arranged a date with my sister :wink:

Tuesday, Dec. 21, 2010

Nice 15degree weather :slight_smile:

(all on track)

• 15min warm up

• stretching (dynamic and static)

• 3 x 60m strides w/trainers

• 2 x 60m strides w/ spikes (first time in 2 months in spikes, on the track)

• 150m (30"rest/50m walk) + 150m (30" rest/50m walk) + 150m (6-7ā€™ rest)

• 250m (30"rest) + 150m

These things are only possible with fellow athletes running alongā€¦:slight_smile: Good stuff. 150s started in 21", perhaps the slowest was 23". (I am estimating these from the guyā€™s times, who were in front of me (theirs were 19-19-20).They also did a 300m in the end (after 10ā€™ rest).

p.s. pretty lactated in the end. I had missed the feeling.

Does your training group follow CF principles.