Stefanie's

Yep, I agree.

Just remember to come back to this post frequentlyā€¦ Good times! :cool:

:slight_smile: I will keep that in mind.

Wednesday, Nov.10th, 2010

Is this migraine age??? My mom has had them, and my middle sister also (she started getting them around my age). But I really think that the reason my head started to hurt so sharply at the end of the day, is because I hadnā€™t fed myself properly, and then I went training.
Today was one of those days when I realized how MUCH I still have to read, which, if not faced by deadlines, would be a pleasure thought, but now kinda stresses me out. Or just a little bit. Iā€™m thankful to Christos, my highly-intelligent-upstairs-researcher-friend, who sometimes sleeps at weird hours, and works extensively to get things done, and when I asked him ā€œare you stressed at the momentā€ (during a very tense and dense period of work) and he said ā€œnoā€¦ I never let things like this worry meā€. He is actually worried because back home, (in Greece), as he says, he cannot find young researchers motivated enough to work on his projects enthusiastically, and he compares them to me, and he wishes there were more like me. Which is niceā€¦ One remark that really enlightened my stress: ā€œthe young people I work with, donā€™t feel like writingā€¦ but researchers should be pondering on things all the timeā€¦ not to the point of torture, of course, but for the sake of insightā€. Sometimes, I torture myself. But now I can see more clearly. In theory, at leastā€¦
So I decidedā€¦ enough studying todayā€¦ I will watch Greyā€™s Anatomy on youtube tonight :stuck_out_tongue: If I donā€™t fall asleepā€¦

Training:

• 20min warm up
  • dynamic stretching
  • 5 x 20m A skips
  • 5 x scissor kicks into a stride
    Hills:
  • 10 x 40m hills, walk back recovery.
    Plyos:
  • 5 x right-right-left-left (70meters)
  • 5 x 70m bounds

Then the headacheā€¦ which might not be a hunger headache after all because three hours later and a LOT of food, it still kind hurtsā€¦ :frowning:

Is the knee OK then? Easy on plyosā€¦ :slight_smile:

Excellent !!! :cool:

watching Greys Anatomy would give me a migraine :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh come on now =)) Itā€™s highly scientific and intellectual :stuck_out_tongue: (hence the migraine :confused: )

Although the weather was 6 degrees (COLD) today, the sun finally peaked out, and I found company for my warm up (Iranian friend =D ) , which brought up my spirits. Company (training company) is so important !!! And then I was expecting Dejan too, so double the goodā€¦

Thursday, Nov. 11th, 2010

(all on grass, like all the other days since I came to Milan)

• 20min warm up
  • Long and short circuit (tempo) Iā€™m writing it down, otherwise it feels like I didnā€™t accomplish much :stuck_out_tongue:
    100+100+100+
    100+200++100+100+
    100+200++200++100+
    100+200++100+100+
    100+100+100++++
    100+100+100+
    100+200++100+
    100+100+100
    (+= walk 50m, although it was less after the 100s)
    (I was then going to do push ups/ pull ups/ dips at the monkey bars, and then abs, but I ran out of time and ran home instead)

EMS:

• 20min explosive strength on hamstrings
  • 15min relaxing massage on hamstrings
  • 20min strength on quads

I had red wine today. And now Iā€™m eating sausages. With Dejan =)

Friday, Nov. 12th, 2010

> 40min + 40min walking
> 30min warm up jog (grass)
> 10min dynamic/static stretching
> 12 x 40m hills (maybe the hill is a little less, 37+m, but Iā€™ll call it 40), walk back recoveries
> 4 x 70min right-right-left-left plyos (on grass)
> 40 total chin ups/pull ups
> 80 reps with resistance band (arms)
> 650 abs (some were done with a thick library book, instead of a MB, which I donā€™t have here :p)

I LOVE training with company (Dejan is hereā€¦)

Friday, Nov. 12th, 2010

> 40min + 40min walking
> 30min warm up jog (grass)
> 10min dynamic/static stretching
> 12 x 40m hills (maybe the hill is a little less, 37+m, but Iā€™ll call it 40), walk back recoveries
> 4 x 70min right-right-left-left plyos (on grass)
> 40 total chin ups/pull ups
> 80 reps with resistance band (arms)
> 650 abs (some were done with a thick library book, instead of a MB, which I donā€™t have here :p)

I LOVE training with company (Dejan is hereā€¦)

Saturday, Nov.13th, 2010

6hours of walking :confused: :o

Sunday, Nov.14th, 2010

1 hour of running (no comment, please :o)
(>> raining raining all day long)

Tomorrow I have an important presentation. :slight_smile:
Tuesday will most likely take a day trip to Vicenza, with Dejan =) Although it will be raining ā€¦
This part of Italy is too wet for me.

I canā€™t help it, but Iā€™ll save it after your presentationā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™ll give you a head start Nick:

hahaha shut up the both of you :stuck_out_tongue: Iā€™m going through a phase :o

Presentation went fine. My adviser said that I have a vast enough of material gathered and studied, ā€œenough for three PhD thesisā€™ā€, and that I should sell the twoā€¦ :confused:

:o Oh boy.

Training is looking like CRAP these days (like Silencerā€™s picture). Today was pouring all day long. I will EMS soon and do plyos on the carpet in the hall, for real. Tomorrow is a trip to Vicenza, and then I start training like a sprinter, I promise !!! I swear. :mad:

ummmā€¦ so far today: 90min walking (under the umbrella)

Tuesday, Nov. 16h, 2010

• 30min warm up
  • drills
  • 4 x 300m (63, 63, 58, 53) - wet, on dirt road, and crappy stomach.
  • long cool down

(Vicenza got postponed for tomorrow, due to rain)

What was the rest between these times?

2.30ā€™, except for the last one, which was 2ā€™

Vicanza was nice.

Tomorrow morning I have an oral examination, but Iā€™m not so worried. Then a seminar. Then training, at last.

Friday, November 19th, 2010.

Vicenza was a nice tripā€¦
Dejan left today.

I think I resumed normal training again :stuck_out_tongue:
And thankfully, the sky cleared up, and for the first time in days, it was not extremely cloudy or rainy all day. :eek:

(all grass today, in trainers - trail shoes, to be exactā€¦)

• 15min warm up jog

• 10min dynamic stretching

• 4 x 30m A skips

• 4 x 20m running Aā€™s + 40m stride

• 4 x 30m scissor kicks + 60m stride

• 8 x ~37m hills (walk back recovery) - slipperyā€¦ spikes next time for this and the following (I bought nice new long ones, for grass)

• 4 x 100m (at decent speed), walk back recoveries (spikes next time, on grass again)

• 3 x 100m low dorsiflexing skips (Charlie showed me this exercise, I donā€™t know the name for it, I should post a video, but i donā€™t have a video camera nowā€¦)

• push ups, abs, and resistance bands

• 30min EMS resistance, on glutes

• 3 times 20min relaxing massage on calves (I had an issue today, but itā€™s already solved now ;))

Nice email today, from a professorā€¦ first kind word from a higher faculty member since I got hereā€¦ (I can say that my experience here has been ā€œcoldā€). She said (in email of course, cause people donā€™t have the guts to speak nicely out loud) ā€œyou are a very good architect and studentā€.
This was so uncharacteristic of my experience here, that it goes in the journalā€¦ imagine that.

Pardon the slight sarcasm.

And to dwell on something that I had quoted from Angella Coon a while back, and that I found highly refreshing todayā€¦ :

ā€Ž"LIfe is long ( we hope) and ideally we never stop learning. Nothing beats passion as a guide to navigate truth. The only judge you need to pay any attention to is you." - Angela Coon

Thank you, Ange.

This city must be worse than Seattle and London together, rain-wiseā€¦
This is r i d i c u l o u s. I think that for the 2+ weeks that Iā€™ve been here so far, it only hasnā€™t rained 2 days.

ā€¦

Yesterday: Saturday, Nov. 20th (pouring, like the day before):
EMS (like the day before)

• explosive strength hamstrings
  • active recovery hamstrings
  • relaxing massage calves
  • strength quads

Today: Sunday, Nov.21st (raining ALL the time, like yesterday, and the day before, and the day before and beforeā€¦ ahhhh !!!)

• 25min warm up
  • 5 x 300m tempo (2min rests) I re-measured the distance that I had also done last time, and last time I was actually running longer. p.s. today they were not timed - too much rain for ā€˜equipmentā€™.
  • 2 x 80m low dorsiflexing skips.
  • 30min cool down (I jogged back).
  • many push ups and abs, and resistance band (sideway walks).

I think the forecast says no rain for tomorrow, but Iā€™m not even going to say anything.

I drew this quickly today: (I think I made Dejan look a little like a girl :confused: - with hair )

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

(double post)

Monday, Nov.22nd, 2010

NO RAIN. WOW !! YAYYY!!! HURRAY !! :smiley:

on my grass park today:

• 15min warm up
  • 10min dynamic stretching
  • 5 x 30m A skips
  • 4 x 30m B skips
  • 3 x 30m running A skips
  • 3 x 30m scissor kicks into 30m stride

in my long spikes today, on grass:

• 10 x 30m hills (walk back recoveries)

still in spikes spikes:

• 6 x 100m relaxed runs (walk back recoveries) >> weirdo dude staring and wanted to flirt with me, I swearā€¦ men suck sometimes.
    Plus, I stepped on dog poop. eewā€¦ But Greeks say that means money will come to me. Iā€™m waiting. :o

back in my trainers:

• 10 x stairs (not as great as my Thessaloniki 100 steps in a row; these were only 35, and I do them double, so ā€¦ boringā€¦ ).

on playground tartan:

• 3 x 8 single leg bounds each leg

• 1 x 5 imaginary hurdle hops

• 3 x 10 chin ups

• 3 x 8 pull ups

• 5 x 10 dips

• 4 x 15 push ups

In my living room residence:

• 500 abs

Ideally I would strength-EMS now, butā€¦