Starting Progress

No that is fine for block settings, my comment was directed to you saying you were going to put them up higher.

That shot from behind is a really good one. Look at how much your left foot moves back before your arms even move. All you should be thinking of is getting that right arm out as fast as you can, not powerful just fast. CF talks about a cat catching a fly, it just goes flick not a power move. Good cue.

If you or anyone is serious about working on their start I recommend

http://www.charliefrancis.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=30

Do you have the 150m vid?

Yea i’ll need to get those vids someday…

I dont have the 150… :frowning: batt died… heh

Ofir, on your next SE day, would you carry a stopwatch in your hand and time yourself over 150-200M? I’m curious as to what times you’re turning in.

Yea sure… I will… I actually have a 200m meet in a few weeks so thats 2 SE sessions in which i will run 200’s to get the hang of curve sprinting…

EDIT: I do know that my flying 20 (110m-130m section of a 150m run) is 2 seconds flat.

The cones might have been set to more than 20m, and I ran in baggy rapper pants and my mp3… I could do better than this

The mp3… :cool:

When are you gonna ditch that thing when you do your sprints? Warm up I’d say no big deal but… Don’t see why you need it during training? Not gonna wear it in a race anyways right?

LOL don’t worry it was from the “era” before davan yelled at me to throw it away… now its always off… maybe just 1 set… its just that im very sensitive to adrenaline rushes, anything exciting can make me x2 fast… so some metal helps but i agree im faster without it :slight_smile: feels better too…

If you really feel it helps you can always wear it between reps or during rest periods, turn on a song you like that pumps you up then take it off right before you get ready to sprint again.