squats, cleans, jerks etc in your running shoes.

I do…so does a fair few other guys. You lift, you wear lifting shoes - makes sense to me :slight_smile:

Do yourself a favour and buy some Oly lifting shoes!

why buy lifting shoes when i can just wear old crosstrainers or old running or basketball sneakiers that i got. i have never seen anyone in my gym wear lifting shoes. plus the only lifts i would use then for would be the clean, jerk, and squat. so it aint even worth it. id look like a gym weenie walking around my college gym in lifting shoes. seriously though how many of you on this forum wear lifting shoes?:mrt:

the raised toe that those shoes probably have would probably suck too…

sorry if I’m hijacking

ok lets not take this topic osmewhere else… i am definatly not thinking about going barefoot. i have been chaging my shoes (using older shoes) to squat in… all i wanted to know is if this will f**k up my shoes cushining.

I have found that not wearing shoes when deadlifting and squatting has helped me quite a bit. I just wear socks… hold on, I do also wear shorts and singlet. Now that would be funny :sing:

As always though, its something you would work up to. If you haven’t been doing this barefoot from the start then it may not be a good idea just to switch overnight, same goes for a belt.

I would think it would suck for the cushioning to activate in a clean. I use turf shoes. maybe you could go barefoot

apparently nike designed the air units to withstand A LOT of force. The other way to think about it is that squatting will expose your shoes to 300 lbs plus your weight, say 500lbs. This is roughly comparable to normal impact forces for a 200lb athlete in regular jumping or landing, which the shoes are clearly designed for. I wouldnt worry about the shox or the airmax.