Sprint workout

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHvgQ4VHd2M

I’d really like some feedback.

This is my computer filming me on:

120m (I almost run into the side of the track. Go me.)
120m

20m
20m
20m

My hamstrings really tightened up on the 2nd 120, it felt like I was barely moving.
The 2nd 20m felt awful.

Any tips/ideas/advice?

I’m really rocking back and forth badly, I think. I don’t know why.
Possibly relatedly - my arms look to be going really widely. I consciously tried to fix this on the last 20m.

Are my knees not coming up high enough?
Anyone want to hazard a guess at what sort of 100m I might be capable of?

Thanks.

PS - Heat index was in the neighborhood of 105 as I filmed this.

Relax the upper body more, especially the shoulders

Can’t tell much from that video… Dirt track in Louisiana?

Yep.

Thanks, los.

One more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFKwSdk8MwY

Slow motion.
It looks faster regular speed, I promise.
Is my knee lift really poor or am I imagining that?

Stylee
The regular speed was better to view technically but both are a bit difficult to watch clearly.
I think much will be solved when you stop trying so hard and relax.
This is what I noticed the most.

Stylee, one thing I would advise is if you tightened up, the workout should have stopped then.

As you may or may not have known, Charlie became known for not having written workouts and used each day to monitor what athletes would do. If he felt they weren’t ready for work that day, something else would be given. If workout deteriorated, workout would be stopped.

Also, it appears some of your back and forth might be arm action, or possibly lack of ab strength. I’d recommend spending a week or so at a slower pace working on getting into better position on your runs and then from there, increasing speed.

This take a step back to make more progress has worked well for my athletes in the past.

Thanks, both of you.

Angela, you’re probably right. I haven’t been able to really relax when I run in a looonnng time.

I remember reading that, ESTI. That’s certainly what I should have done.
Re: “better position”
Drop my shoulders? Eliminate the rocking?
Anything else?

I think a break might do me good. I was hoping to compete later this month but I doubt the results would be what I’m looking for, considering how my hamstrings feel and my form appears.