Sore bicep femoris tendon

After my tempo session today I had a sore bicep femoris tendon… it’s real sore to touch… I’ve never had anything like it before so I’m not sure how to play it.

I reckon I’ll do Ice/Anti-inflam gel tonight then see how it feels in warm-up tomorrow.

Ice for 5 min each hour till bed and then wrap the area loosely with plastic wrap over heat rub and anti-inflam cream and sleep that way. See how it is in the AM.
I suspect your calves are very tight. Let us know if that is the case.

Be careful, I missed 6 weeks with a similar injury.

Thanks for the feedback guys, the fact that it’s the tendon is what worries me.

Sitting an icepack on the area sends a slight pain down the Calf directly beneath… I have a history of tightness in the calf directly beneath the tendon also.

I’ll treat as you recommend then see how it is AM… warm-up later then decide whether to see campus physio.

The reason I suspected the calf involvement is that it kicked up during tempo. you need to loosen the calves via therapy such as massage, self massage, pulsed EMS, contrast hot/colds, and wrapping with creams at night .

It’s still sore this morning. What was unusual was that it didn’t bother me during the session, I only noticed it later in the evening.

It doesn’t hurt at all under contraction (light leg curl).

I’ve been foam rolling and stretching the calf and it does seem to help. What is the idea with the plastic wrap and what creams do you recommend?

I recently been looking into tendon recovery and found some nice info about the effects of NO in the form of patches to aid recovery

The plasticc wrap opens to pores at night and increases the effectiveness of the creams, such as A535 heat rub and Aspercream Forte anti-inflammatory rub mixed 50/50

I did a lot of foam-rolling and streching on the calf along with sciatic nerve stretches and flossing. Warmed up with lots of sciatic stretches and calf streches, the faster I ran the less I felt it. Felt it slightly 80m into a 95% 120m rep so I did two 150s at 85% to finish, which felt fine… did med ball and weights - didn’t feel it. Iced afterwards will contrast later.

Got a massage Monday will foam roll until then. I suspect it’s linked to the calf and sciatic nerve.

Charlie do you revomend the wrap for tendon injuries I always only used for muscle injury