Something for all of you to analyze in the holiday season

This is a 15 yr old sprinter who trains with me.

Her stats (FAT)

5m - 1.05s (4.76m/s)
10m - 1.84s (5.43m/s)
15m - 2.55s (5.88m/s)
30m - 4.37s (6.86m/s)

It seems to me her front foot is too close to the line. When she comes up to set her hips rock back, she also seems to be hunched over the front knee thus causing her back to round. Move the front foot back but keep the back foot at the same distance to the line. Others?

Added after second viewing- her hips are behind her front foot, she has to clear the hips first by moving them upwards before she can go forwards. I would also suggest she is incorrectly putting nearly all her pressure on her front block and not pushing off the back leg block (she can’t from that position).

I’d change her block setup. Get her front knee out of her chest and tilt the front pad down a bit.

Yes, the fronty foot is ahead of the hip in the set position- move the front block back a bit and see the difference it will make.

Thanks guys. Here is a clip of her going a bit further.

Here is one of one of the boys that train with me.

She’s fine once she gets going

Thats exactly what I was going to say. It looks like she has nice acceleration but takes a few steps to kick it into gear.

Thanks guys, you’re comments are very valuable. I appreciate it. Do you have any comments on the boys’ start?

do you think the width of her hands could be affecting that? Would moving them a bit (maybe 1/2 way from here) closer to under her shoulders help? :confused: