Shout out your vert jump and squat max( how much correlation?)

Hey guy, ill start, max vert is 36 inches,been officially measured and max half squat is 170 pounds, i got da chicken legs

had a 30" vert in high school with a 255 parallel squat max. 200 lbs body weight

bumped up my squat to 315 within 6-8 months after that, but did not see an increase in VJ. However, i did not incorporate any type of jump training. My speed on the track was as good, then, as its ever been.

im pretty similar now. i weigh 220 and max squat around 310-335

there will be a pretty good correlation as there is sufficient time to develop the force, in contrast to a ground contact in a sprint.

Since I stopped running my numbers have obviously dropped but when I was running full time my vertical was consistently 40" or more (highest one off jump was 46") and squat was at or near 300lbs at a weight of 155lbs and height of 5’11.

When 49’ers WR Dominique Zeigler was in college I remember seeing a chart saying his best back squat was right at 300lbs but he still long jumped over 25’ in high school. Just another example.

465 squat parallel
33 inches vert
bw 185-210 with no changes in vert, go figure…no specific vert training, not a focus for me