Shelly-Ann: 'You're out!'

11 June 2010

For the first time Shelly-Ann hears ‘You’re Out’ - IAAF Online Diaries

World and Olympic champion Shelly-Ann Fraser who was disqualified for false starting from last night’s Diamond League 100m race in Rome, shares with IAAF fans her first reaction and feelings…

“You’re out!!!

“That’s what I heard today, for the first time in my career, sad, yes, cry a little.

“Let’s recap. I arrived in Shanghai after a long journey from Jamaica and I was so tired, but was ready to compete, my first Diamond League!!

“Did all my usual stuff and was ready to run. The day and time came to run and I got myself in the mood, but I was still tired, I then said to coach ‘I felt flat and tired’ he of course said to me don’t worry about it.

“I went out and I came 2nd and in my mind wow!!! The crowd was great but it just didn’t happen the way I wanted but not everything does. All in all I enjoy my first experience in the Diamond League and one to remember and made me excited about what was to come.”

Click here to read Shelly-Ann’s full diary: http://www.iaaf.org/news/kind=102/newsid=57007.html

How often could we have used this.

“So I saw coach of course and the first word he said was: “it seems to me what we practice in training is rubbish, so you decided not to do the rubbish I told you and prefer doing your rubbish.”