sesame butter

What do you think of sesame butter? (also called tahini) I’ve tried it with honey on a bisquit and it’s ummmm delicious!!
I found a site that talks a little about it:

http://www.afs.edu.gr/agroweb/agroweb_2002/html/sesame.htm

Do you think it could be replaced for what nuts are used in one’s diet?

Nutrition Facts
For a 100g serving:

Calories: 595 29.75%

Total Fat: 31.093g
Sodium: 115mg
Cholesterol: 0mg
Total Carbohydrate: 21.19g
Potassium: 414
Dietary Fiber: 9.3
Sugar: 0.49
Protein: 17
Water: 3.05
Alcohol: 0
Caffeine: 0

Hmm…

How much %SFA? PUFA?MUFA? is it cold pressed? Unrefined oil? I dunno about this butter. I generally stick with fish oil, coconut oil, milk butter and extra virgin oilive oil. That’s about it. I might need to add flax oil to up omega 3s in my diet though.

:confused: Sorry to seem ignorant, but what is %SFA, PUFA and MUFA? Once I know what those mean, I can get more info about this sesame butter.

saturated fatty acids, polyunsaturated fatty acids, monounsaturated fatty acids. 45% monounsaturated, 10% saturated, 45% polyunsaturated (linoleic)

total fat: 7.9g (12%)
saturated fat: 1.1g (6%)
monounsaturated fat: 3g
polyunsaturated fat: 3.5g

(Also a good source of Thiamin, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Zinc, Copper and Manganese.)

“Think peanut butter, only made with sesame seeds. To make tahini, sesame seeds are soaked in water for a day, then crushed to separate the bran from the kernels. The crushed seeds are put into salted water, where the bran sinks, but the kernels float and are skimmed off the surface. They are toasted, then ground to produce their oily paste. There are two types of tahini, light and dark, and the light ivory version is considered to have both the best flavor and texture.”