sanders' current 40 time?

Runnign by all these corners come on, I used to play university and junior football, and I ws a corner so yeah i’m gonna be a little biased but he doesn’t blow by all of them. corners make reads even in man coverage they will break off their man if the ball is being thrown else where or if they are in a zone or match coverage it will look like guys get beat all the time. does that mean he doesn’t burn db’s no of course he does all db’s get burned evry now and then even deion.
Corners are generaly soem of the fastest guys on the team they can’t alwasy catch! but they are fast as hell. Deion at 40 years old to run a 4.3 and play in the NFL is impressive. will he still be the best cover corner in the game maybe, time will tell. Was he the best when he played of course no one DB changed the game the way he did. Guys like him made it possible for teams to stack 8 in the box and stuff the run and shut down big time recivers so that you could bring pressure on the pass.
Is he one of the best athletes to ever play pro sports for sure, baseball, football both offense and defense,
come on guys lets give the guy some credit

Laverneus Coles developed his speed running from the cops at FSU!

good point qwert. you’ll see alot of ‘fast’ numbers but you have to take into account how it was timed! electronic or hand and the surface.

Champ Bailey is the fastest corner that I’m aware of, even Madden has him at 99 speed :smiley: ya, but the fastest 40 in the NFL that I have heard of is Randall Williams of the Dallas Cowboys, he recorded a sub 4 forty, I don’t know of the conditions of where it was timed though but he does have the fastest touchdown in NFL history

at least, they could.

when you first come into charliefrancis.com it says that charlie trained someone to run a 3.7 on the 40, who was that?

Ben Johnson

I’ve ran the 40 in 4.21 hand time out of the blocks.

Deion Sanders is the best cornerback of all time not because he could read defenses the best or tackle the best, but because the man was the fastest man in the NFL who could shut down anybody especially Jerry Rice; furthermore, Deion harldly ran any track and was just born with GOD given talent. In other words, he never trained for his speed with plyo’s, weights, or anything else unless it was a part of practice.

Deion currently runs the 40 in 4.3

In fact, the man could have been the fastest man alive had he trained for the 100M.

The man was just gifted like Michael Vick who will become the greatest QB of all time and Barry Sanders who is the greatest running back of all time.

Hell Michael Vick will single handlely take the Falcons into the Superbowl again, mark my words!!

Argh - Michael Vick’s got a long way to go. He’s a very exciting player to watch, but quarterbacks who are better on their legs than with their arm don’t take their teams to the Superbowl.

Ah, then maybe you haven’t been paying attention the last couple of weeks.

P.S. Vick could take them to the superbowl just on his legs.

I agree with Mikeh, very exciting but it’s a team game. Until he learns to make the read and throw the ball and run as a last option they will never make the superbowl. Look at McNabb he not running at all, he just making all the throws, and they look like world beaters!

Vick will put butts in the seat make the highlight reels, but it’s the ultimate team sport.

LOL. Alright! I’m bookmarking this thread, and if the Falcons don’t win the Superbowl this year I’ll be back! Of course, if they do I’ll be back to take my lumps. :wink:

Boldin has only run a 4.4 forty. That’s why he was not a first-rounder.

Deon didn’t shut down Jerry Rice…and against the cowboys ten years ago he didn’t shut down Irvin.

Actually he ran even slower than that. I trhink he ran like a 4.6-7.

And that shows you how important 40 yard dash times are. That is to say - not very. The greatest wide receiver of all time is considered “slow” by the almighty stopwatch. Ask the best corners in the league over the last 20 years if Jerry Rice played “slow.”

Teams that actually try to scout, instead of reading out the fastest 40 times and making their pick, are liable to find unexpected gems.

As a football fan, I prefer to see good players, rather than a collection of incredibly fast athletes who can’t catch, block or tackle.

But I do love Deion :slight_smile: . He can play the game.

I guess I am the only who remembers the critics saying that Vick could never take them to the playoffs, and when he did, it was that he couldn’t beat the Packers at Lambeu, and now that he did, he can’t get to the superbowl.

You guys forget he took the Falcons to the 2nd round of the playoffs in his first year of NFL football, if he stays healthy, and now the falcons have surrounded him with talent, the skies the limit for them.

Vick will make they playoffs this year because of a soft schedule but will lose in the 1st round and Boldin ran a 4.65 in the 40, I heard he could do a 4.4 though

Ahh yes he did. Did you ever watch any of the falcons/49ers games. I did because he was my favorite player. In fact I can clearly remember one game where the ball hit Rices body goes over his helmot and Deion intercepts the ball and takes it all the way back.

Yes but Deion doesn’t tackle either, why? BEACAUSE HE DOESN’T HAVE TO!