Rowing....

Rowing is so peculiar…strokes with a minimum of rest in between makes it diffenrent than a straight 6 minutes event…yes endurance, but also great strenght…
Does anyone on board actully worked with different national levels rower?

Some time ago, i trained with national level Surf Life Saving guys in the Iron Man event.

Th eiron man who swim, run on sand, kayak, and surf with arms? cool…used to watch it on tv in italy…15 years ago!!do you have some site where i can follow them? Some of them were huge.

Hey, that would have been back in the day of Trever Hendy / Guy Leach. Legends of the surf. Trever was a huge man mountain for sure.
check this site maybe,
http://aussies.slsa.asn.au/2007/

Guy Leach…sounds familiar…

Not really great strength. You don’t generally apply all that much force in the stroke. More force than a distance runner or a cyclist, sure, but you’re talking about maybe 80kg peak force when racing (and that only for a brief time as the leg drive finishes and the back opens). I can promise you that it doesn’t feel like much of a rest when you’re at race rates, too - any more than one leg gets a rest in the up-stroke cycling. You’re still moving, and you don’t spend much time with the oar out of the water.

Thank you!For sure is the only"aerobic" sports I really like…