rotten tomatoes

TIRED of blowing my hard-earned on a dud movie; now I check it out first at the rotten tomatoes website. If it’s “fresh” I’ll go see for myself. Lots of reviews, expert professionals and just averages Joes. The site also has a good search engine so you can call up old flicks and check how they rate before you buy them ex-rental or on sale at the local store.

http://au.rottentomatoes.com/

NEW YORK, Jan 21 AP - Ratatouille and Once warmed the hearts of moviegoers and critics alike - and now, they’ve taken top honours in the ninth annual Golden Tomato Awards.
The Golden Tomato Awards pay tribute to the best-reviewed films of the previous year as determined by the website RottenTomatoes.com.
It compiles reviews from print, online and broadcast film critics to measure the percentage of favourable critiques.
Ratatouille, the animated gem about a rat with unexpected culinary skills, earned a 96 per cent ranking on the site’s Tomatometer.
The Irish romance Once, which won for best limited release film and best musical, scored 98 per cent.
Atonement scored the Golden Tomato for romance.
The Bourne Ultimatum won in the action/adventure category, Juno was the best comedy and No Country for Old Men the best thriller.
Away From Her was named best drama, Sicko won best documentary and Grindhouse was the top horror flick.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix took a Tomato for science-fiction/fantasy and Enchanted won best family film.
The Host was the top foreign film.
The Moldy Tomato - awarded to the worst-reviewed film of the year - was thrown at Because I Said So.

One of my favourite sites on the net. Never go to a movie without looking through it.

Yep, it’s great, combines all reviews into one score.