rogue workouts - a new hope...

How much is used per bath, and how often??

I find, 1 cup for 1st few baths, and then you can try 2 cups later on.

Try 2 cups 1st up and you’ll be falling asleep at work the next day, you’ll feel too relaxed and sleepy.
It can have a detox effect if you’re acidic. So an effect can happen depending on how you are currently.

I would go 3 baths a week until your system is fixed. I find a huge collation between being acidic via litmus testing of saliva and mg levels. I look for 7.3 - 7.4 ph levels.
When taking oral supps it was always up and down every day.
Since taking epsom salt baths, very consistent. I typically only do one bath a week.
The mrs really needs 2, but only does 1 every 10 days and wonders why she is tight and get headaches at the end of the 10 days… goodness.

Big weeks i’ll do 2 baths.
Often i’ll combine Pink Salt also - very awesome, but i dissolve that in boiling water 1st
Generally 20min of really hot, then get rinse off. Leave it on and it drys out the skin.

The hotter the better the osmosis effect.

I think the sulfates have a great effect too.

Great information, Thanks!

I just bought 2, 4pound bags of Epsom Salt online at local Walmart for $2.86 per 4 pound bag, will pick-up at the store tomorrow… that is cheap compared to what I saw elsewhere.

Looking forward to having my daughter try this after training, definitely will try myself and my wife too.

Wow, I will certainly look in to this.

Rich, did you get my message about emailing me??

Sat - 3x20 SL step up hops, 3x40 butt kicks, 2x20 back extensions. Epsom salts bath
Sun - 4x100 75%, gardening

I can move freely now, the pain has gone!

The bath had an instant effect. Thanks, bold. You’ve done it again…

monday - 60/80/100 75-85%, 120/100/80 95%
thursday - 4x20, 4x10 hill, 2x20, 2x10 hill, 2x30
sunday - 1x150 75%, step ups and romanian sit ups
monday - 3x60 75-85%, 120/100/80, rev hyper 1:60, hip thrust 2:10 1:5 SL, back extension 2:10 1:5 20kg, epsom bath

got myself a pool noodle as a foam roller. worked on knots in calves and quads. times on the track were slower than usual, so I suppose muscle tone was low. did some strength work afterwards and got a right hamstring cramp. it’s nearly two days later and it still feels a little tight, but not so much that I am greatly concerned.

I’m considering working my distances out to 150/100/80, 150/120/80, 150/120/100 by the end of the season, possibly doing 150+150 with a 50m walk in between. I’m also going to alternate thursday’s session between acceleration (hills and sled) and tempo, depending largely on what my body feels like it needs.

I’ve got a 60/100 meet on saturday. it will be interesting to see how I go…

interesting.

http://run-down.com/statistics/100m_top_splits.php

“best possible” hypothetical 100m time was calculated at 9.56 in about 2001. I remember reading this yeas ago and thinking “pfft, as if!” well, bolt has basically done that… :stuck_out_tongue:

thursday - plyos, 3x170
friday - plyos
saturday - 60m: 7.72s 0.8w. 100m: 12.25s 1.2w

don’t know why I haven’t been doing them already, but I’ve added in plyos to my routine. I guess I’ve been concentrating so much on how to loosen the muscles I forgot that I need to firm them up, as well. I’ll also be adding in some kb work on my thursday session to try and improve the explosoveness of my hip extension.

had a couple of races on saturday. I think I did ok. the 60m was annoying, because on the video I clearly slowed up over the last 15m, so that probably cost me a pb. I pushed it a bit more to the line in the 100, but I can still see that my weakness is from about 40m onwards. there’s a .3s improvement from geelong, though…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1zKA-Nwvj8&feature=youtu.be - 60m
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8TeHBXVKOM&feature=youtu.be - 100m

tuesday - 6x160
wednesday - morning circuit. 90s of skipping, star jumps, burpees, plank, boxing, 15m sprints
- evening circuit. 45s of butt kicks, reverse hypers, back extensions, romanian sit ups, 5kg springs, SL hip thrusts, knee raises
thursday - 3x150m 95%, 5kg plate overhead/fwd throws ~ 10x, 30s run/wlk x5

everything is currently under review…

saturday - warm up, 8x standing broad jump, 1x110, 1x100 (12.3 - long grass, no blocks), 100m, star jump 45s, 100m, 5kg plate jumps 45s, 100m, butt kicks 45s, 100m, brupees 45s. hanging leg raises, static standing leg extensions.

left lower back has pulled up a little bit sore. no major concern, although I accidentally left my cupping gear at work. I’ll have to wait until monday arvo to fix it…

monday - 2x150 (20s, 19.5s), 3x200 (60-75%). rev hyper 1:60 7.5kg, hip thrust 1:20 7.5kg, HT SL 1:6, BE 1:10 7.5kg, hanging leg raise, front and side

cupping worked a treat on my lower back, of course…

Thursday - 2x150, 8x5kg throws.

Saturday - 2x2x50, 2x20, 4x10.100m: 12.42s, -2.7w

Sunday - strength circuit

A bit disappointed with the headwind. I would have liked to land myself something around the 12.15 mark. Anyway, I’ve got to be happy as the time was .11 better than geelong and with a strong head wind rather than a moderate tail wind…

monday - 2x250 (40s, 42s), 5kg throws (8x knees fwd, 8x chest fwd, 8x knees ohd), 3x200 (75%)

tuesday - strength circuit

the 250m times were really slow, but it was on a grass track with a layer of dirt, which was pretty much like running on sand. managed to get all the way through the circuit this time. that’s a surprising improvement…

Thursday - 3x150, 8x5kg throws, core work

Saturday - core work

Tuesday - 250 (37.5), 150 (22), 120 (16.5), 12x5kg throws, 3x100 75%

Much better time for the 250, although the surface was still very soft. Been doing a lot of core strength and hip mobility for the last few weeks. Hoping to improve knee lift and pelvic alignment…

thursday - core

saturday - 3x60, 3x20

sunday - 250 (34.5), 150 (22)

I’m down in melbourne over the weekend, so I was able to catch up with a few old mates…

Look at that se improvement!!
Chasing whole seconds :slight_smile:

To be honest, the biggest improvement is in the surface. The first couple of 250s were on grass with fresh top soil, while the one yesterday was on an actual rubber track. Still, I was able to sustain the intensity for a lot longer, even into the strong headwind over the last 60m. This change in training approach has brought some fast improvements…

ok, it’s been a while since my last update. probably because I started keeping a paper journal.

the main thing that happened is the nsw state masters champs back in feb. I managed three medals (2x bronze, 1x silver) and got a season best in the 100 (12.23 with -0.1). times weren’t really what I would have hoped for at the start of the season, but I had a bit of a slump in form, so overall I was quite happy with the results I was able to get. the highlight was meeting up with sady, though. :smiley:

after that I took about 5 weeks off to freshen up. I started back last monday doing a fairly easy session on grass, then weights on wednesday and sled yesterday. nothing too special, just getting back into it.

mon - 10x30 (50-75%), 1x50 (80%). 3xeasy/accel/maintain. 3x100 (75%)
wed - squat, 3:5 60. back ext, 3:10
sat - sled (20kg), 30, 20, 20 (5min rest). 20, 30. EMS quads and hams

one of my main goals is to get my pelvis position better for my top speed technique. that continues to be the part of my race that is lagging. most people who beat me only catch up by about the 50-60m mark. I out accelerate almost everyone I come across and if I don’t they smash me, but for anyone who gets a similar time to me I lead early and get reeled in. so top speed is the missing link…

So - the main Q is - are you hitting a quality Top end, but cannot for the life of you Hold that top end?
Is your run like a bell curve? takes off fast, hits high top end then dies off quickly

or

Is it like a plateau - take off fast, hit medium speed and hold on with minimal slowing effects?

Knowing which is your race style, will lead to better planning for the season.

eg,
Lets say indeed you have crap top end yet maintain what you do have well - then working on top end speed would be priority
Let’s say your top end is great yet you die as rapidly as you reached it - then working on top end speed would be useless

How will you measure this?
Camera with 10m decent sized markers
Quality GPS - if you can figure out how to attach a Samsung S4 without being annoying - it’s GPS is amazing - Much better than any watch.
I use a Polar RC3 GPS - it’s useless over 60m - but pretty decent from 150m onwards
I’ll be looking for a case for the Galaxy S4 for it possibly today.