kettle ball exercises - mainly upper body, 1/4 squats

tuesday
kettle ball and cupping

wednesday
6x100m (60%)

saturday
treadmill 3x300 (9kmh)

sunday
10x100m (20, 20, 19, 19, 19, 18, 19, 19, 17, 17)
rev hyp 3:10 bw
hip squat 3:10 30kg (bar)

tuesday
cupping - back/shoulder

wednesday
2x3x60m grad
1x50/50

thursday
cupping - hamstrings

saturday
massage - hamstrings/back/calves
chiro

had a bit of a setback with a slight hamstring strain a few weeks ago. I think I have dealt with the recovery pretty well. I did it during a 40m accel out of the blocks where I had a bit of an over step. I felt a strained feeling up at the very top of the hamstring, but I didn’t really think much of it. it only started hurting the following morning.

the kettle ball exercises served as a good for of tempo substitute, although my mid back got pretty tight from it. chiro fixed that today.

got a week before state masters, so I’ll be doing a speed session tomorrow and another one on wednesday. I won’t be taking any great risks, though…

sunday
2x50m grad
1x50/50
2x20m 3pt
hip squat 1:5 30, 1:5 50, 1:5 70, 2:2 90

hip squats are a lot harder with the bar than just hanging the weight directly downwards. balance is tricky. I think I will have to set up a couple of handles to stop myself from tipping backwards.
acceleration was crap today, probably due to tiredness as a result of the heat and humidity. I was struggling for breath a bit…

Heat n humidity…Sydney… Pfft :wink:

Sydney gets pretty humid. We’ve been getting a fair bit of rain/sun/rain/sun weather…

wednesday
2x50m grad
2x60m blocks

thursday
back injury during heroic rescue

friday
chiro, accupuncture, TENS, cupping, NSAIDs, etc.

saturday - masters state championships
warm up, massage
100m - 12.14s, 6th
massage

sunday
warm up
60m - 8.12s (-2.7w), 3rd

and that’s the end of my season!

even though the time was rubbish I was happy to get a bronze for my efforts in the 60. I think it was a pretty good run, but the headwind was firm for most of the event. all competitors were disappointed with their times.

In the 100m the day before I was happy enough just to have competed, given the events of thursday. it would have been nice to go under 12s, but 12.14s is not too bad a time. something to improve on for next season…