rogue leader...

SOPAC saturday
200m: 25.24s, 1.5w
swiss relay, 200m leg

training has been going really well and I was feeling great after thursday. there was a 100/200m doube this saturday, and I figured that without the 60m event preceding it I might have a decent chance at a pb.

unfortunately, little miss decided that 3am would be a good time to go to sleep on thursday night. and on friday night. :stuck_out_tongue:
needless to say, I was pretty wiped by saturday, and I even missed out on registering for the 100m from being late to the track.

still did ok in the 200, and ran quite well in the relay. it’s just unfortunate that sophie seems to pick the worst possible nights to refuse bedtime.

robin - regarding campbelltown. I spoke to the club president and he tells me that most nights are hand timed, but on this occasion it was a permit meet, so the association kitted them out with electronic timing for the night…

friday evening at the ridge
60m: 7.4h
200m: 25.5h

it was a drizzly evening, so they decided not to use the electronic timing. pity, because I got a great start in my 60 and my well have set another pb (zero wind).

times still on the way down for the 60, although the 200 was only 15min after the 60, so I’m unlikely to lay down a good time for that due to my tragic lack of fitness.

got the christmas holiday period coming up and I’m planning to do a heap of speed endurance training. got my next meet on dec 30th, so I might be half a chance at a 100m pb there…

What will your training look like for this???

probably something like 3x170m @ 23s. I’ve been trying to do em once a week this season, but when I’m not working/competing I could probably do it twice a week. I’ll look to stretch out the distance, too…

the ridge, 30/12
100m: 12.21s w+0.7
200m: 25.77s w+0.9

pretty disappointed with this outcome. I’ve been training well and getting some good 60m times, but I buggered up the start of the 100 and it probably cost me a pb. I have another shot at it this wednesday…

the ridge, 6/1
100m: 12.17, +2.5
200m: 26.47, +1.8

when I first checked the computer at the track for my result I looked at the wrong time and thought I had run 12.4! I was pretty relieved 24 hours later when I saw th actual result online.

still, with that win I shoud have done better. I had a solid start, but I felt myself overstriding in the middle part of the race, reaching for a top speed tha I don’t have.
the 200 was rubbish, but I had been standing around in the cold for 20mins waiting for my race. didn’t really run hard, but my time will come later in the season for the 200…

Well, its been almost a year and a half. Time to update my journal, I guess. :stuck_out_tongue:

In athletics terms there’s not a heap to report. Baby number two and a new full time job have pretty much dominated the last year. I am only just starting to find the spare time and energy to get back in to things. I’ve lost a fair bit of weight during my periods of inactivity, and my general fitness and strength are rubbish, so I’m basically starting from scratch. I picked up a treadmill to use during winter and term time, and the mini tramp seems to work well as a sprinting substitute. I’ve recently started working on my upper back strength, hamstrings and squats, as well as general strength work. I’m just now starting to feel like I’m ready and able to start hitting the track again.

So hopefully this is where I pick up.

Wish me luck…

About two days after my last post I injured my back moving furniture and was a cripple for about a week. Since then I have gradually resumed my upper body strength work and have had two light running sessions. A lot of my energy has been going into gardening lately (digging up roots and pulling up grass) but I should be able to start some decently organised and structured training pretty soon as I am almost done…

no good re your back, will be interested to see how things go.

The back is just a temporary setback. What’s encouraging is how quickly and thoroughly I have recovered. No squats for another 10 days, then its full steam ahead…

Monday
Upper back and shoulder dumbell exercises

Tuesday
Hamstring raises, 5:5

my hammies have been an issue for me in the past, so I have been putting a fair bit of focus into strengthening them up before I start on my speed work. I’ve basically been doing those reverse hyper exercises, only I get my daughter to sit on the back of my knees and she sings songs about airoplane rides while I do it. I think she’s somewhere between 12-15kg.

track-wise, I’ve been able to locate a grass track about 10 minutes drive from home, which is a fair bit more convenient than the 45 minute drive I was putting up with when I first moved here. the best thing is that the long jump runway has recently been resurfaced, so I can do tempo runs on the grass and speed work on the long jump track. I think it’s only about 50m or so, but it’s the best thing in this area…

Tuesday
Kneeling leg extensions 3:20

Wednesday
Warm up 1x400m treadmill, 9kmh
Mini-tramp 2x20 steps, 95%
bent over tricep extension 1:30 (each arm) 2kg

Still easing my way into things, but starting to feel pretty decent. I devised a way to work out my quads which compliments the hamstring exercises I’ve been doing. Also decided to get started on a little bit of speed work today, although the pouring rain meant I had to rely on my indoor set up. The mini-tramp (who I have named ‘snooky’) work is more like top speed than acceleration, but it is certainly better than staring at the rain.

I’ve been using the tricep extension because it is really good for the upper back area where I am weak. I usually use heavier weight and lower reps, but tonight I stumbled upon my gf’s dinky little dumbell set, so I decided to take them for a spin…

thursday
dumbell press, 7.5kg, 3:30

saturday
warm up (10x10, 5x30 - 50-75%)
3pt accelerations, 5x10m

the long jump runway is a touch over 30m long, so I can fix my blocks to one end and run myself into the sand. feels beautiful to run on, as well. I reckon I got pretty lucky there.

feeling good. getting some momentum…

I reckon you got pretty lucky too. Good to see things progressing.

Sunday
Warm up - 30min lawn mowing. :wink:
Squats - 2:5, 50kg

Still feeling my way a bit in terms of my back. Just baby steps today…

tuesday
reverse hypers, 1:20 + 2:10 15kg
kneeling leg ext, 1:20 + 2:20 15kg

thursday
warm up, 400m @ 9kmh
tramp sprints, 3x20 steps

I was planning to do speed yesterday and tempo today, but it’s the first week of school and I haven’t been sleeping well, so I was pretty wiped yesterday. feeling much fresher today after a decent night of rest, for once. thanks, ladies… :wink:

friday
db press, 3:30, 7.5kg

saturday
warm up (12x25m, 50->80%)
3pt start, 6x10m
squats, 3:5, 50kg

well, it looks like I’ve found a new training partner. when I went to the track today I took my daughter along and we lined up beside each other on parallel long jump tracks taking it in turns to ‘start’ each other and run up to the end…

cool :slight_smile: how old is she?

Coming up to 4 and a half…

Sunday
Treadmill Tempo
1x400 (12kmh)
1x300 (12kmh)
1x200 (16kmh)

I think the pace was a little quick today. I’ll bring it back to around 10-14 next time…