tuesday
upper body routine

wednesday
jump squats 2:20/12.5, 2:10/30
single leg hops 1:10/30 (each)
single leg snatch 1:3/30 (each)

friday
walking with 40kg crate (20m)
many, many, many shot put throws (mostly underarm)
40kg crate (40m)
1x80m sprint

made a bit of a name for myself at school yesterday.

after spending all day running the shot put event, I was roped in to have a go at the staff vs students relay. there were two staff teams and two student teams. I was anchoring a group of 20-something ladies from the outside lane, while the other team was a bunch of blokes running in lane 1. by the time I received the baton the first two teams had already crossed the line, but there were two others about 20m in front of me. I took the baton and accelerated, only to see in front of me that hoards of students were standing in my lane watching the other two runners go past. I started yelling “get off the track, get off the track” and one by one they peeled back as they turned around in shock as I bore down on them. I came pretty close to cleaning a few of them up, too (of course, it never once occurred to me that I could go around them or stop).

a lot of the students and other staff were pretty shocked when they saw how fast I was going, especially those punks who were dissing me before the race! no one expected the skinny little music nerd to actually be able to run…

monday and tuesday
light upper body/core exercises (loosening sore back)

wednesday
chiro
squat 1:20/12.5
jump squat 1:10/12.5, 2:5/15, 3:3/30
hip thrust 1:20/15, 2:30/30

thursday
treadmill 3x300m @ 9kmh

left lower back has been sore from picking up those shots on friday. had some treatment on it last night and it seems to be a fair bit improved today, but not perfect.
ordered a leg extension/flexion bench last night. should be arriving early next week. that will help me get a bit of intense weight into my legs without ruining my poor spine…

saturday
mini tramp sprints - 3x40steps
hip thrusts - 3:20

wednesday
hip thrusts 3:20 20kg
back extensions 3:10
leg extensions SL 3:5 20kg

sunday
jumping squats 1:15 12.5, 3:5 30kg
hip thrusts 2:20 40kg
back extensions 2:20 10kg
leg extensions SL 2:5 40kg

monday
treadmill - 2x300 9kmh

glutes and hamstrings are shaping up really well. feeling good…

wednesday
kettle ball warm up
trampoline sprints - 1x40stp, 1x60stp, 1x80stp
back extensions - 1:10 BW, 1:5 10kg
hip thrusts (neutral to hyper-extension) - 1:20 BW, 2:30 25kg

can’t wait for the season to start. the illawong site has no mention of the winter track series on its events calendar. I hope they are still running it this season…

thursday
treadmill - 3x300m 9kmh

any good tips for loosening the glutes??

saturday
back extensions 1:10
2hrs
4x40m
back extensions 1:10, SL 1:3
hip thrusts 1:20 20kg

first two 40m sprints were with a gradual build up towards top speed, the next two were with hard accelerations as well. felt brilliant for numbers 2 and 3, but the fourth runs wasn’t so hot because I have been chatting with my father in law for a bit too long. on the upside, he was able to make a video of my last run.

hamstrings and glutes continuing to feel better than ever…

tuesday
accupuncture

wednesday
upper body/core

thursday
treadmill - 5x200m (6, 9, 10, 11, 9kmh)

pulled up a bit tight after saturday, which was disappointing (although it’s pretty clear where I went wrong). strangely enough, it was about 36 hours after my session that I started to notice that the hammy wasn’t quite right.
a bit of accupuncture really improved things and I was hoping to do a speed session today only one day late, but I felt it would be prudent to lay low or a bit, so I did a bit of tempo instead.

annoyingly enough I also seem to have developed a bit of a cough (both my daughters have been coughing for weeks :frowning: ), so I’ve been feeling a bit flat and weak the last couple of days. I’m still feeling quite positive, though. things are gradually becoming more organised and under control…

friday
hamstring therapy

saturday
back extensions - 2:10 BW, 1:5 10kg
hip thrusts - 2:20 20kg, 1:20 40kg

as I feared my cough has gotten worse and I am now properly sick. so I’ll be chugging down my remedies and staying indoors for a few days.

typical. I always get sick in the holidays… :rolleyes:

sunday
squats - 1:20 7.5, 1:20 12.5, 1:20 25
SL squats - 2:3 50

the latest therapy is working wonders on my body. the recovery from yesterday was 100% and I’m thinking of adding a bit more to my weekly program…

monday
therapy - upper back
trampoline sprints - 3x40stps (sorry robin)

feeling really good in my whole body. getting a lot of tension out and freeing up my movements. cough is recovering but I’m still not ready foor outside training. pity because the weather was quite decent today…

tuesday
muscle therapy - shoulder and hip

wednesday
squats - 2:20 12.5
explosive squats (seated) - 2:5 12.5
SL DL - 2:3 50
back extension 2:3 10
muscle therapy - quads and calves

therapy is going really well. I can feel the effects in every part of my body and my movements are becoming more and more unrestricted. left ITB/TFL is a problem area, as the right shoulder area as every muscle attached is tight.

cough is mostly gone…

friday
DL 2:3 50
SL DL 1:3 50, 1:1 55
back extension 3:3 10

previously a workout like this would have left my left lower back and hamstring tight and uncomfortable. today, however, I just feel invigorated and looking forward to my next track session.

cough is mostly gone, just in time for school…

saturday
upper body and core

sunday
drills
plyo’s
6x10m

did some digging on saturday which left me sore. it seems to be the rotation that my left hip doesn’t like. managed to fix it up pretty well with some therapy, though…

monday
tempo - treadmill 3x300 (9, 12, 9)

patella tendons were a bit tender today, most likely from the plyo’s yesterday. I suspect I was jumping forwards too much, which would add the stress of braking to the stress of landing. probably pushed my knees a bit more forward, too. I’ll aim more for height next time…

Check for trigger points just above the knee.

spot on, BW. a lot of lateral tension in my quads. a quick massage relieved the soreness under the knee instantly. I’ve also had some soreness in my hip since doing some digging the other day, but that also disappeared after I released my right shoulder.

wednesday
drills
reverse hyper - 1:20 BW, 2:10 12.5, 2:5 27.5

I think I’ll drop the hip thrusts and go back to the reverse hypers. they just seem to work the relevant areas better. also, I suspect the exercise was also straining my patellar tendons slightly…

thursday
5x100 star jumps :smiley:

missed my chance at treadmill running today and wanted to do something low intensity as well as a bit of a core workout. I think these actually did the job quite well. the lateral movement has been a bit neglected by me over the years, so it was good to stretch out my lats and work the ad/abductors out a bit.

still hacking my lung up… :stuck_out_tongue:

sunday
3x25/25

I had a bit of a hamstring cramp yesterday, but nothing overly concerning. I felt fine before training but was just a little bit tight afterwards. not feeling any discomfort when walking or anything, though. flexing is fine but extending is a little bit ginger.

other than that, things are looking good. my cough has settled down quite well so I ventured out to train outside for the first time in three weeks…

monday
treadmill - 250m 9kmh, 250 12, 150 14, 250 9

hammy has pulled up well today. all is right with the world…

wednesday
3x25/25
back extensions - 2:10
SL leg extensions - 1:10 20kg

I’ve discovered that the local footy field still has a hard cricket pitch area in the middle. it’s 25m long and is serving me well…