57.5kg X 4reps
50kg X 6 reps

Upright explosive rows:
40kg X 10reps
40kg X 8reps
35kg X 8reps

Military Press:
17kg X 2sets X 8-10reps

Did some preacher curls…I know I shouldn’t Im an athlete not a bodybuilder lol, big arms look so good though! damn :o :cool: .

rating: 8, pretty good.

Thats what we like to call the Apple Pie workout, you know…those exercises that make you look good when your strutting your stuff on the beach!? Its good to get em in every so often:D

LOL yes, know exactly what you mean.

Tuesday: Corework/plyos

3 sets 1legged box squats (3kg/3kg/5kg)
Box jumps 2 X 8
Ab excercises
Sprint drills
4 X 30second shuttles at 75%

Rating 9, groin is feeling a little tight but still feeling so much better now :cool:

Wednesday: Track

4 X 150m at 60% walk back recovery.
Drills
Streches
Abs

Rating: 10, feels like im reaching a new level physically. (Starting to train 7sessions a week/5 DAYS a week) Its awesome :cool:

:smiley: indeed.

Thursday: Track/Lower Weights

Warm up
High skips 2 X 10 POWERFUL
Drills

6 X 30m acells @ 95%

Then gym work

Yoga excercises for glutes
SLDL 50kg X 4 explosive
was gunna do lunges but groin felt like shit so passed.

Rating 7: The work done was good and pain free but groin is tight and still cramping whilst static. Going to see physio, I hope this doesn’t take like 6months to fully heal lol :o

Looking forward to doing HILLS on saturday.

Where abouts you doing it?

Victoria park. :slight_smile:

Saturday : Hill work: 10-15 degree incline

3 Minute hill jog
1 Minute hill walk
2 X 15m high skips uphill
2 X 15m Leg alternate leg cycle drills uphill
2 X 15m Alternate speed bounds
2 X 15m same leg speed bounds.

3 Minute hill jog
1 minute hill walk

30m Hill sprint

• 4.29h
  • 4.14h

I swear I could have got 3.9h if It wasn’t so slippery at the start :stuck_out_tongue:

2 X 15m Alternate speed bounds

3 Minute hill jog
1 Minute hill walk

2 X 25m STAIR sprints

Rating 7: Good workout, just feeling a tad overtrained tho :mad:

That was where I was probably most suitable. Did you wear long spikes?

Take it easy with the overtraining esp as you are still recoverying from that injury.

Hmm, no update in a while because.

Ive gotten a mild virus so Ive given it a rest, I’m going to cut down my training to 4-5sessions a week becuase I was probably overtraining before.

To make matters worse I got into a car crash yesterday which doesn’t help. Bruise on my knee and whip lash. :o

Looking to train on mon or wed.

:eek: you ok? don’t rush back, make sure you are 100% before resuming training and take it easy

Yes thanks, was a bastard of a crash that could have been avoided. For my credit though I wasn’t driving :smiley: :cool:

Will prob train on wednesday.

New training split to avoid overtraining

Monday: Upper Weights
Tuesday: Plyos/Core
Wednedsay: Lower Weights
Thursday: Tempo
Saturday: Incline hill work

Have you seen these? Kelly knows his stuff.

The simpletons guide to speed training

Workout templates for various athletes

Damn, finally now I hope I have kicked this illness and am back to shape.

6 X 100m @ 60%

Warm up - drills - stretch

Body feels good but fitness is terrible :frowning:

Good to see you back training :smiley:

Ah! Well I have been training hard for the past six weeks. Been a bit too busy to update this but here goes…

Training

• High skips 20m
  • Sprint drills 2 X 20m
  • 150m X 4 ( 70%-60%-70%-60%)

Diet

Been eating about 3500-4000cals a day, all clean food, lots of protein

Injuries :frowning:

Groin has fully healed, but it gets tight and sore veary easily If I dont keep my hip flexors and quads stretched and flexible. So thats my main priority.

Having some problems with lower back and neck (getting better) as they are still sore and joints are still acting up after my crash. I dont think this affects my performance though as I’m clocking pb’s in training.

20m - 2.45h
40m - 4.6h

I know they are evil hand times but still hand time pbs for me.

Other

I’d also like to put in a shameless plug (:D) for Applied Kinesiologists. I was getting viruses, as in sore throats and colds, every 2-3weeks which was REALLY messing up my training at the start of year and prevented me from competing in a lot of competitions. So I went to see this d00d about it. At first I was VERY skeptical, as he claimed he could fix me from just touching some points on my body (accupressure). To my amazement it worked and I have not been sick for a long time! My training capacity has also increased, I can train way more than I could previously. I think it has also made me faster :confused: which I’m not complaining about :smiley: . So any dedicated atheltes having problems should definately see one asap!!!

Gym work

Box squats
60kg X 12
80kg X 8
85kg X 8
85kg X 8
60kg X 5

SLDL:
52.5kg X 15
55kg X 12
55kg X 10

Glute/ham machine:
70kg X 15 each leg

:mad: Today was on the track and it sucked. Was raining and temperature was 5deg celcius.

Long warm up
Lunges 1 X 8
60m @ 60%
60m @ 70%
60m @ 80%
30m @ 100%
30m @ 100%

Then
Standing 60m TIMED @ 100% got 6.78h which pisses me off because the conditions screwed me over and my first 15m were terrible and unbalanced. I know I can go sub 6.6h.

then

30m @ 100% - walk back + 5 sec rest

then 4 min break

warm down.

A lot of accels in shite weather :eek: :o. Still weighing 155lbs, looking to hit 165 in 4 months time. Then 175 6months after that. Tomorrow is upper weights.

You train at QE2?

yes most of the time :stuck_out_tongue: