Richards/ Reality TV

I dont know if this is old to you guys but i thought it was a pretty cool idea. Sanya Richards has sent a proposal to MTV for a reality show either about her or the IAAF season in general, i wasnt really sure. Well what do you peps think of this?

As much as I hate reality TV it will bring lots of new fans to track. Based on that shitty AT&T add she did she will probably be pretty good at it as well.

I think she’s got an interest in it for her post-track career anyway…

It would be boring. Thats why not.

About five years ago they tried to cast a guy who was training for the olympics for the real world. He didnt make it. Most of the real world/reality shows focus on debachuary and sexual immorality and the producers of the show do anything to encourage this. Why would the average person in this world want to see someone dedicated to anything other then partying.

It would be boring following Sanya Richards around. Follow the sprinters around in the 100m, its full of characters, the 100m sprint is the biggest event in track and field, always has been always will be. The biggest Heavyweight in track and field is the 100m world record holder, unbeaten since 2005, he’s big, he’s black and he listens to reggae music, his name is Asafa Powell. These are the athletes that MTV would be following around, pretty much like HSI did on Euro sport.

I don’t see the big deal about Sanya Richards.

Exactly dr sprint, its fucking sad. The other week, Tyson Gay runs 9.76 with a slightly illegal wind – nonetheless a great feat of human achievement – and not one of the 5 free to air stations down here in Australia mentioned it…I would have thought at least something, maybe a little report about his potential, rivalries, etc. But NOTHING.

Its good to know, however, the commercial stations DID have a 13 minute exposé on Paris Hilton’s jail story. Its the most fantastic news to hear the average layman is being educated properly, and being told about REAL world issues. :P. Fuck them. Pricks.

Hey i dont meean to sound like a sissy but we all need to remeber to watch our language.