Revised 200m finals results (Martina and Spearmon DQed)

I’m just wondering why they changed the rule

I was thinking that, as fast as Bolt ran that curve, his biggest worry might have been stepping on the line on the outside of his lane. That’s a lot of centrifugal force. :smiley:

From the picture: Bolt’s achilles tendon is taking quite the beating.

Spearman would not be out under the old rule if that was the only infraction but Martina would be. Is there any precedent for something like this? has it happened at any other championship?

I think Spearmon was over the line already in the beginning of the curve; rainy’s picture seems to suggest that he stepped over the line at the end of the curve too.

Life sucks but to feel that feeling of winning a medal is what it’s all about even if it is then taken away. Crawford and Dix never got that feeling so it won’t be as sweet for them.

I dont know about that TC, 100yrs from now crawford will be in the record book as a silver medalist and im sure he will be telling his grand kids 25 yrs from now.

I think Gwen Torrence in 1995 200m.

If I remember correctly, she murdered the lane line (and the field).

Gwen Torrence - 1995 WCh 200 final

Not that I’m complaining, but isn’t a little strange to have been a member of a forum for two years before making your first post, which was mentioned a couple hours before you did in a short thread.

I guess I should be a little embarrased:o

I saw the full slow mo on CBC and NBC and both guys were out even under the old rules- at least 3 steps on and both had one or more over the line.

Thanks for that. I’d forgotten.

from the angles they showed last night it looked like crawford was on the line too.

Haven’t seen that one!

And Dix also!!! :eek:

Dzingai and Malcolm medallists?

Originally Posted by Chris6878
from the angles they showed last night it looked like crawford was on the line too.

If you watch the BBC footage [I posted the link earlier] you can clearly see [around 13min into the video] from the top [camera] that this is not the case. Crawford is safe.

I’m still pissed @ the way Churandy lost his medal…

did he break the rule?