Review of The Classics e-book

The Classics e-book contains material that represents the link between the Charlie Francis Training System/Speed Trap books and the information currently available on the present day forum. As far as I’m aware, this content is no longer available anywhere but in this format. It’s essentially a clarification and expansion of many of the concepts(and more) brought to light in those original works. I consider this material to be foundational to coming to a more complete understanding of the CFTS principles. This system takes into account the primary known variables to consider when planning and conducting what is, in my opinion, the finest speed development/sprint program available. A system which will be invaluable to both coach and athlete alike. The Classics material should be extremely useful for coaches of other sports and strength and conditioning personnel, too. If nothing else, you will come to a better understanding of the complex interplay between various training variables. You will likely arrive at the realization that everything you do has some value and some cost and how much of it you do, at what intensity and when you do it can make a major impact upon performance. I think many will find themselves constantly referring back to the material presented in The Classics.

One of many aspects that I feel sets Charlie apart from others is he's, seemingly, considered literally thousands of possible scenarios of training, facility restrictions, current injury status, available therapeutic resources and the performance level/training history of many individuals. I feel he offers great solutions based upon the reality of a particular situation. This is something that is always prevalent in his works. 

Some of the topics in this e-book include: starts and acceleration, proper carbohydrate choices, food combining/interactions, triple extension/drive phase/acceleration, stretching/massage, muscular mechanics from a sprinting perspective, Greek sprint training, HSI training, eccentric training, energy envelope/organism strength, biomechanics/physiology of sprinting, shift paradox, specificity spectrum, warm-up and dynamic flexibility, hypertrophy for later strength questions. Many of these discussions are quite extensive.

Like all of Charlie's works before this, The Classics represents an important piece of the puzzle in order to fully realize the incredible program that Charlie has designed. It's a program that is not so rigid, either, where he will tell you there's only one road leading to Rome-variations on many of his principles are featured. This book features information that many who have only joined the forum in recent years missed out on. Highly recommended.