Reputation Points?

The one from me was a plus, shown as a green dot.

The jackass was a cut and paste from one of your posts.

jd- I am not using the function again so future jd won’t be me.

These are follow up comments with rep points - under your User CP.

Personally I think rep points, both positive and negative, have a place. I do however think there should be a feature that automatically identifies the person. Rupert?

Who cares about rep points, cancel the shit.

I agree with John, they have a place as it allows one to reward those contributing to a meaningful discussion. And of course you can take a point off those you think are ‘behaving irrationally’ and you think offer a weak argument.

But surely it comes with some common sense & a level of responsibility. If you activate the rep points facility and throw a negative point, provide a constructive comment or just say you don’t agree.

Telling a person you want them to die of brain cancer is infantile.

[b]“fucking asshole, this isn’t the time/place for that”

“stfu u slack jawed faggot -rb34”[/b]

There is a problem. The comments above are in my rep comment section. I had more nasty comments but they are gone, not sure why or how.

I just don’t understand, why can’t people just PM you and talk man to man if they disagree with you that much? That’s what a MAN would do.

The guy (or girl) at the top ("fucking asshole, this isn’t the time/place for that") could have sent me a PM and asked me to politely clean up my post on Charlies official passing notice thread. Or he could have just said;“this isn’t the time/place for that” Instead, the coward leaves a nasty message with no name.

Regardless, I sent rb34 a PM in regards to the second comment you see( his name was next to it), but you know what, it looks like from reading this thread, RB34 MAY NOT have been the one who left me this comment. Come to think of it it could be somebody else that used his name but I don’t know.

Either way, I really don’t care for rep points, but I just check to see what people say when the number changes, and when I see nasty stuff I get angry, and out of protecting myself, I think about not posting here anymore because it seems like only a select few people can post anything they want without being overly criticized.

*******TO ALL PERSONS

we all know the rules on the site. no foul mouthing or insulting fellow members. no drug talk whatsoever and please keep the site clean

as some of us are still ina state of shock please remember what this site is about

if you cannot live by these simple rules then jump ship now!

this isa warning to all!!! zero tolerance from here on in and its banned to anyone causing trouble-foulmouthing-using bad language or acting stupidly!

if anyone has troubles with fellow members then either PM rupert or myself or any other moderator

X-Man

CF Moderator

Please turn it off.

RIP Big guy.

What are you talking about, I didn’t write those comments.

1: I never had any issues with you.

2: It doesn’t take much to sign someone else name to a comment.

Please lets hold the standards high here.

Guys, please leave this alone. i don’t want to hear or read anything else ok so please respect the site and stop the BS

this isa final warning!

I got neg repped by Charlie Francis in 1986 following my Shirvington post, I had not long joined and I didn’t know that you had to quote a message in reply. The rest of the forum members were discussing something else and my post popped up. I think the CF comment was simple “What the F”

The origin of the site was to give Charlie a voice outside the popular media.
My tolerance now and in the future will echo much of how Charlie and I lived our lives. We have had our share of controversy and the last place we need it is on this site.
I hope I have made myself clear.

WTF the site was up in 1986?

Internet wasn’t around in the 80s to the public haha

Yea I know. Maybe they was on the top secret arpanet

Looks like my post was taken the wrong way, I was actually boasting. This is a link to the page. Bet not too many have the CF tag on their posts. Look before you open your mouth (or type)

http://www.charliefrancis.com/community/showthread.php?p=133224#post133224

I sometimes write in brail (according to my wife) and started doing so in my coaching books, did it for the peeks.

The date 1986=19/8/2006 actually 13/8/2006. As I said my brail.

I have had a triple bypass so have been dead once, not many get a second chance. I do not take offence to the comments made by others or mean offence when I post. Life is too short for the bullshit.
When you have nothing intelligent to say you usually do something like this,
http://www.charliefrancis.com/community/showthread.php?t=21448

ok your whole post just lost me? Are you mad? Are you telling us you type in brail? 1986 in brail really means may 19 2006?

Call me mad if you wish :cool: 8 is August, over here the day comes before the month.

Yep I type in sady brail then go back and expand it when needed, sometimes I miss a bit or 2 like I did with this post. When I file emails on the computer by date a lot of the times I simply drop the 0’s.

I have always hated writing and cannot understand why anyone would write 2,500 words on something that you can do in 150 words, ok at university the more the dribble the higher the degree.

lol I agree with you about the dribble at the university level. I have seen many reports that talk randomly about nothing. Do you also know how to write in short hand. I took a class in college once.