Recovery from training

I’m looking for some better supplemental assistance with my training. Right now I’m just taking BCAA’s and a post-workout shake, along with a balanced diet and the vitamins.

I was thinking about getting some ZMA and/or creatine to help with faster recovery from my workouts. Would anyone have any suggestions for me on what a good route to take would be?

Thanks.

What is a balanced diet? How does your diet look like the first 3 hrs following a workout?

For example:

Within 30mins following workout: 30pro/100carb
90mins following workout: 50pro/80carb
3hrs following workout: 50pro/50carb

Additional supp:
Glut
Zma
casein protein before bed
Epi

I take that back now, I’m getting the 3:1 post workout. 90 mins is about a 2:1 and 3 hours is usually there or not there.

I’m in a higher Olympic volume phase and I’m not used to the volume, so I was going to see if there was any “good habits” I should start. The diet is very important, but I’ve been reading a lot about ZMA and creatine lately.

Thanks.

Sometimes its the training itself.
i think it must be close in my gym to 90% of the meat heads training just one body part per wk… And they wonder why they are sore so often!

You can lead a horse to water as they say…

That’s the truth, that’s why I’m glad I’m in a weightroom.

Not many of those left around (here anyway).

Try Bromlein also - enzyme found in pineapple core.

BCAA’s, ZMA, Glutamine, Creatine, multi, i like Animal Pak, protein powders

How about HMB? Does anyone have any good testimonials?

HMB was originally a bust. I have heard some buzz about it lately but I think the deal is that you have to take a lot of it. They’re saying that originally the recommended dosing was too small. That’s just what I remember. If it worked super well you would hear about it.

yea good point…i’ll just stick to my usual supplement

Thats good stuff. It is a digestive enzyme. I take them everyday. Helps digest food when taken with a meal. It also helps with free radicals when taken without food.

L ornithine alpha ketoglutarate.

175mg per kg BW per day.

Spilt the dose into 4 morning, pre, post, and bed time.

Expensive but does wonders for recovery.:cool: