Looking for recipes for Smoothies:

Bring 'em on!

Clemson, might have some.

Clemson might have a couple hundred :slight_smile:

I was given a recipe for a smoothie not too long ago:

1 Cup of Fruit Juice
1/2 Cup of Yogurt, Plain or Vanilla
1 Cup of fresh or frozen fruit, Add more if wanted
1 scoop of protein (Iso Pro is what I use)
Mix in a blender
you can add ice if you want ususally when I use the frozen fruit it makes it pretty thick
M and M Meat shops has a great frozen fruit mix of rasperries, black berries, Blue berries and strawberries, then I add in a Banana

This is the smoothie I like to make, it’s delicious and it makes about two and a half servings I think:
one cup milk
one cup water and ice
two scoops double chocolate protein powder
one or two bananas
one or two spoons of peanut butter
I’ve also tried putting some cereal in there too (kashi), but try this only if your blender is really good. It gives it a nice texture.
Mmmmm…

Uncooked oats work real well in place of the cereal as well.

~1.5 cups milk
2 heaping tblsp peanut butter
2 scoops protein powder
2 serving maltodextrin (1/2 cup)
1 banana

~1500 calories , this is my breakfast and at other times just a snack/meal replacement

Only for the superlean…

Two tablespoons of fat with insulin spiking maltodextrin and milk sounds like a gut to many in a few years. For those wanting to see their penis after 5 years I suggest eliminating fat from it and using this PWO!

LOL…

Clemson you MOFO…

Hah I guess I should point out my metabolism is through the roof and I’m very lean…So I don’t mind this combo since I’m trying to put on some weight right now.

PWO - I take 1 Serving malto, 1 serving protein, 1 serving degussa creatine w/ water

:smiley:

A few questions,

In your articles you state that milk is very ?insulinogenic? “food for growth”. Is there any room for milk PW since so much insulin is released by the body? Doesn’t milk contain a lot of slow proteins which would slow down the recovery process? And also how much and when could it be used after workouts?

My favorite from my XC days, still use it sometimes (despite it sounding gross):

3 scoops grow
2 lightly poached eggs
half scoop vanilla ice cream
lemon juice (little bit)
celery juice
orange juice

the celery, and orange juice fill out the rest of the volume. Despite how it looks, it tastes great

I just mixed this one up, tastes pretty good and is filling.

1 cup milk
1 cup orange juice
1-2 scoops Chocolate Low-Carb Grow!
5-6 Strawberries
3-4 Ice Cubes
1/2 Cup Dry Oats
Dash of Cinnamon

WR how do you keep the milk in it from getting icky? WHen put milk in the smoothie (above) with oj, it get weird,

It blended up good for me… I just used 2% milk. I did use a blender though so maybe thats why it was weird mixing all that stuff together if you were using a shaker or spoon.

I’ve done quite a bit of experimenting with smoothies, so here’s a few of my hints…

1. If using frozen yogurt, try and even things out with an equal amount of normal yogurt
  2. Unless you have a “Magic Bullet” stay FAR away from apples
  3. When it comes to fresh fruits, the softer the better…Bananas are gold, Kiwis and Mangoes are also great, and almost all berries.
  4. Frozen assorted berries can be bought in bulk and are quite inexpensive, and cost efficient!
  5. My basketball coach informed me that frozen yogurt, bananas and honey is a great remedy for hangovers
  6. The best juice to use is fruit and veggie mix, or else frozen juice mix, which is really refreshing
  7. If you have a really good blender (ie. “Magic Bullet”) feel freee to use lots of veggies because the taste of the fruit completely overpowers it, and also flax seed is great as long as you can get it ground up well enough!

Hope this helps!

-Andrea

Here’s what I normally have, and it’s not based on taste…

1/2 a cucumber
1 tomatoe
1 banana
1 nectarine
2 tsp Total EFA
2 tsp Hempseed oil
3 tsp Virgin Coconut oil

mmm… oil :slight_smile: