Question about DVD's

I’ve sent a couple of emails off the homepage but nobody ever gets back to me so I’ll post my questions on here.

I have the GPP DVD but it doens’t play very well in either of my two DVD players. I usually get a flashing sign that says the “disc is dirty.” If I sit long enough and keep trying to play it, it eventually plays after 20 minutes or so. :frowning:

I’m interested in the new DVD bundle with Fundamentals 1 & 2 but am concerned about them playing in my DVD players. Has anyone else experienced this problem and is there a remedy? Thanks. I do live in the US and am wondering if there is some compatability problem.

I live in the US too and have never had any problems with the DVDs. I have both GPP and Vancouver 2004, and they play just fine. I generally play them in my computer, so I can pause them when I need to and just type notes right into notepad there on the screen, but they play in the regular DVD player at well. Maybe try playing them on the computer if that’s an option for you?

You have to look after dvds. Make sure you don’t leave them in the sunlight. I know some DVD players have problems playing certain DVDs because of the software that is built into them is fairly old. Could just be that you have a defective disk.

TC

Yea my GPP DVD only plays successfully in like 2 of my 5 DVD players. It does seem to be a bugger. I’d try a few more different DVD players if possible.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I’ll just have to hope that the new DVD’s work better than the GPP Essentials. Also, the new one’s I’m interested in are DVD-R’s while the GPP Essentials is different I believe. Maybe they will work better in my DVD players.

I found that the cheaper the player, the LESS problems. I got one from Future Shop for 40 bucks and it plays everything with no problem.

Its like that in the UK too.

I read in a dvd review in the shop that the vancouver dvd includes some movies, clips of runs.
But i can’t find them on the dvd i received 2 days ago.(Great idvd btw).
Then i’d like to know how i can get hold of the graphs shown in the dvd’s that were sent to me.(and passwords for the forum)
Thanks for looking into it,
I am off to view the fundamentals

There are no “clips” in the Vancouver Series, several years ago the original “VHS” version had a few races.

That being said, I’ll check into your other requirements.

Rupert
CharlieFrancis.com