question about allan wells training

G’day KK,

No worries, appreciate the offer…will be in touch.

Catch ya

PY

PS: In 2009 Clay ran a significant PB (46.46) to finish 4th at the nationals before running another PB of 46.43 on debut in Europe and qualify with his last chance for the World Uni Games.
Dale Woodhams ran his fastest ever race at Stawell (Apr 2010) in the final as did Robbie James at the Bay Sheffield (Dec 2009) (where both lads were 2nd, just beaten by athletes off bigger marks),
And James Boden was in massive PB shape when he won SA’s biggest race the Camden Classic (Feb 2010), so I think I get it right most of the time for the major races…but as speedcoach said, it can be a difficult process to get every runner to peak when you want him/her to. The important thing is to learn from it and develop steps to minimise the potential for future ‘errors’.

How long should the outdoor competition period be before the need for a top-up period after a typical SPP2 period of 8 weeks? 8-12 weeks perhaps?

aghhh relays. I have put my hand up recently. Outcome…AA are happy with what they are doing and have in place, they do not require more input.

Selection for coaches is based on whomever has the highest ranked athlete. I was informed that it would be Lyn Foreman for CG in 2010.

There is no money for sprints/relays and its development. Money is to be placed where the results are happening at the present time.

Love how AA always jump straight on the ban wagon of what is now and turn a blind eye to the future. fingers crossed always!

In my opinion a program doesn’t always need funding just a guiding hand and a clear structure of what an athlete/s or coach/s need to do. A clear program with the same ideals and implementation from u16 to open in men and women and coaches willing to see the goal posts and find a way to get there together.

O well…back to the drawing board… What we have to do is get a group of athletes to do well and wait for AA to jump on board and gloat of how they are helping it when it has already happened. Wish my betting on the horses on Saturday could work like that.