Protein supplements in UK

Anybody know which protein supplements are recommended / certified safe for use in the UK?

Hi,

These brands aren’t produced in the UK but can often be purchased here: Metagenics, Poliquin, Xymogen, Crayhon Research, Designs for Health.

They are some top notch brands. Hope this helps.

Thanks Rob, I will investigate these names. Anybody got any thoughts on Maximuscle’s Promax?

Pity we don’t seem to have a list of approved supplements. I remember speaking to the dad of a GB internationalist a few years ago who said his daughter was scared to take anything (including multivits) for fear of contamination.

bulkpowders.co.uk

Ontheball,

No problem. The brands I listed are some of the highest quality around. Obviously I can’t speak about contamination issues since I’m not a scientist who has analysed these products but I understand that these companies perform rigorous tests.Check out their websites for more info.

All the best.

Recommend Pro Athlete Supplementation (www.pasonline.co.uk) also Maximuscle and EAS.

PAS certainly has some heavyweight endorsements. Impressive website.

Found this site, which offers companies whose products have tested free from contamination: http://www.informed-sport.com/