Process for getting access to the Expert Forums?

What is the process for getting access to the expert forums? What are the requirements? How does a user get nominated and approved?

Mister C sent me a PM asking for access. He seems to be ok, not asking a lot of stupid questions etc…is this enough or should we expect more?

It’s up to you. If you think he’s ok, he’s in. If you need help adding him, Rupert can help with it. We’re trying to reconfigure to make sure everyone can READ that section and that the better contributors can post there. Rupert and I were talking about it today (I havn’t got a clue how all this stuff works- the VCR came and went before I figured out how to program it!)

let them surf the expert forums but letting certain people post is a no no.so my suggestion is open up the while site but limit posting abilites

He seems ok, in the sense that he doesn’t post questions like “how can I get faster?” and “what is tempo?” He also understands that there is a search function. But I wasn’t sure if the criteria for access should be a bit higher.

I think if we simply allowed read access, that would solve the problem for him. He’s a bit young (HS senior) so he may not fit the age criteria…actually did we decide on an age criteria?

As a matter of fact, maybe there should be three levels of access to the expert forums:

1. None - for newbies
  2. Read only - for members that seem to be ok but we would like to see a bit more of
  3. Read / write - for those deemed worthy

Thoughts?

i still think to open up the forum for everyone BUT in the expert forum only the selected people can post…others can look but can’t post

by doing this will satisfy everyone…by looking they can learn also

Moderators

The idea behind the expert forums was to provide senior experience level members with a “quiet” space to communicate without being bombarded by junior members.

I have a forum update to apply this week and at that time, I’ll be opening the expert forums up for viewing by all, posting by few.

If a member wishes to post in the expert forums, we encourage this and ask that you as a moderator also extend invites to those you feel would make a good fit.

Rupert