Problem with meet director!

I have been planning for months on running in the NCCWMA masters meet in Clermont, Florida next week.

I tried to enter online, but it kept refusing me to navigate through all the pages. I finally emailed the meet director a couple of days before the deadline and made him aware that I was for sure going to be there, but was having trouble entering online.

He eventually emailed me back and told me to fax in an entry form, then told me I was too late. (“The schedule has already been made and sent to the NTC”…)

I made them aware well before the deadline that their site had problems, and that I wanted to enter FOR SURE. I faxed in the info a few days later (sorry, I was in central Arkansas, email and fax services were limited!) and get told I can’t enter.

I think I’m going to show up anyway, and they can tell me when I’m there that I can’t compete. I thought computers were supposed to serve the athletes and meet organizers, not the other way around!

Did I not do enough? Does anyone know anybody down at the NTC? If I can’t get in, I’ve been training by myself all summer for nothing.

T

Well,

It looks like I’m screwed. The meet director said he sent the entries to the WMA, who then produced the list of heats / lane assignments.

So, I contacted the WMA. They passed the buck to each other for seven days, then I called one of the members, who claims he emailed me (but didn’t) stating “the meet director has the final say, and its too late now anyway.” Yes it is- because you did nothing for a week.

The lesson here for me is of course, “Don’t leave entering the meet to the last two days.” I made the mistake of assuming goodwill in the governing body / meet director. It it their fault, but I’m still not allowed to compete. Two months and about 200 hours of training, all for nothing! There isn’t even another meet I could run in.

I peaked basically to be a volunteer at the NCCWMA registration table! Watch out, I’ll be handing people their race bibs at World Record levels.

T