Powell Or Gay

He didn’t switch off until Aitkins was up to him. I think he tightened up when gay went by him and that opened the door to the Bahamian

Lance Brauman: coach of the year! From jail!

Devonish: note to self. “Shut Mouth” next time. (because Gay and Powell BOTH made the final and you was Not in the mix for the medals). Apart from that, well done to Devonish for a breakthrough season. Reaching a world final is an immense achievement.

I reckon AP should run flat out in the heats :slight_smile:

He would easily break records in first couple of rounds, and then with peace of mind still manage to come 3rd or 4th in the final (as usual). :smiley:

Yes, a great event(WC’s) to record his seasonal best. Nice job with the peak.

Can’t see Gay being beaten for the Double. Unless the weather tears him down too much over the rounds.

Interesting also, that in 1991 Carl Lewis won the 100 in 9.86 - just 0.01 slower than tonight. Let’s hear it for the Old School :slight_smile:

Big congratulations to Olu given the circumstances of his race. Note he wasn’t wearing a Nigerian kit. How many other nations don’t even provide kit for thier athletes?

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

+1.5wind compared to -.5. Weather trumps track surface.

Interesting point. Just watched the BBC feed and MJ is going on about “letting the race come to you”. Nice to see Charlie’s “waiting for it” being preached to the world audience. Seems like MJ has been doing some reading recently!

LOL btw why was atkins running with his head down the whole time

Was just about to ask the same thing! Got him a NR and silver WC medal though!

Maybe Asafa shouldn’t be out clubbing a few days before a major final?!?

hey, how many in that race in 1991 broke 10sec? 3 today!

Great comments and a great final. Looks like my prediction would have been correct had Asafa not given up near the line.

I noticed that about Atkins too! he ran with his head down all the way! hahaha…

I personally think that HSI had alot more to do with the progression of Gay this year than we know/think…Ato was raving about his times all year and he’s getting help from Drummond…added to that when I was in the warm up area ar the Crystal Palace GP I could help but notice Smith helping him out too…

At then end of the day they are all Americans and with HSI not having anyone dominant they might as well help out. No harm to themselves.

6 as far as I know.