Powell Or Gay

Yeah I’m just going off what I read on a post here Charlie, so I would guess your information is more accurate. It would surprise me if Powell would be out till 2 if he had an early morning session like that???

Maybe that WAS the early session. Seriously, though, why would anyone train twice a day when there’s so little to do in the taper phase and travel to the track is a nightmare.

I’m pretty sure that is what he does in Jamacia. Probably got thier wires crossed.

if powell is fit he will beat gay. gay can’t do much unless he equal with him at 60m. powell ftw!!!

I just saw round 1… I should have put on £100 on Powell

… and round 2. Fck it make it a grand!!!

powell looking good in round2 also. 10.01 +.1m/s. looks real strong & relaxed to 60 then eases down. Atkins was about 3m behind asafa at 60 then caught him when asafa shut it down.

That’s good news.

After watching Gay’s heat I think that Powell, like Ben in 88, will win it in the first 10m

gay 10.06 -.5m/s with an unimpressive start. devonish 10.13and fasuba 10.24 and campbell 10.28 through also.

martina looking good 10.10. mlf looking real strong(missed the time) anson henry 10.20 and nesta carter 10.23

final heat -.3m/s
pickering crap start strong finish- had to work way too hard but looked great except for the start 10.21
burns 10.21, christian 10.26, collins 10.30

as much as I hate to say it, I agree.

Bit early for me as Gay never looks as relaxed as Asafa but very good news so far for Asafa.
I was wondering after his last race against Adkins if something new was bothering him.

Thought Atkins looked much better. MLF ran 10.17, much the same way Craig ran his race. Asafa to win it. Gay wasn’t leading his heat at 10m, I think Asafa based on that can take metre and a half out of him in the first 30, and you can’t expect to make that up on a 9.77 athlete!

This was posted elsewhere:

http://freetube.110mb.com/index.php?view=7ZXVyb3Nwb3J0c3BhaW4#

great. do you have a clip of Asafa’s quarter final?

No clips this time, but if anybody else have, I can host them.

Powell basically led all the way and looked very relaxed. It was basically at 60m, a slow canter for him to the finish line and he still ran 10.01 i think :confused: unbelievable!!! :eek:

TMSSF sent me a clip of the quarterfinals. It’s mostly slow-motion (at least on my computer), but it’s better than nothing.

http://folk.uio.no/perel/