Pose method and sprinting

what do you guys think about the pose method? comments??

I dont think it has anything to do with sprinting from my brief google search, but i have never heard of it before.

Another case of someone trying to “Brand” what should simply be considered proper running mechanics (longer distance running in this case). Of course, there is other nonsense bundled with it to separate it from those of us with common sense.

funny enough you guys mentioned the POSE method as i am giving a POSE guy on facebook a hard time in regards to his teachings and also his view on a clip of carl lewis. i basically told this guy to go and look at any child run and compare to lewis. the similiarities will be very much the same! why- because we instinctivly do the motions after we learn to walk and its bad coaching or info that messes up mechancis.

he was talking trash in regards to lewis and honestly he hadnt a clue so i busted in with facts and he wasnt happy

i also mentioned why has heile gab, paula radcliff and so on have similiarities to the teaching of the POSE method - because they are just running and this is the best way. some of the clips on POSE before and after are ridiculous and personally i thinkk its a $$ money exercise focusing on the vunerable!

So I guess we’re just saying, “They are POSERS!” :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe. If I recall, the sport science blog guys looked at this and the majority of elite distance runners do NOT forefoot strike. It’ either heel strike or mid-foot. Nobody forefoot strikes for distance running.

Females tend to - well, ones that cannot run well.

I have seem some Males do this - again, they run either average or poorly

I cannot recall any GOOD or better distance runner Forefoot running

the clip I saw on utube a respirator was used, maybe there is something in it. lol

I figure somebody should get Dr. Nick Romanov a BOSU. (While they’re teaching joggers to run by falling down–and without blocks or lying starts-- maybe they can teach them to spiral the arms at the same time)

Seriously, you guys need to take a close look at the calendar. Mine says it won’t be April Fools Day for another 6 weeks.

BOSU and POSE in the same week…

Chi Running?.

ChiRunning Simplified!, Efficient and Injury Free Natural Running Form Video.

//youtu.be/H26liWMDH8U

Chi Running, Learn the basic ChiRunning posture.

//youtu.be/0B4Z5cWtVtk

lol yall are funny but it’s true

Boldwarrior: what’s your opinion on the tarahumara native american/mexican runners who run the undulating cliffsides and mountains of the inhospitable sierra madre…supposedly they’re forefoot strikers implementing ‘barefoot style footwear’(minimal support, huarache sandal made of rubber vehicle tires tossed down into canyon)…they do an annual ultramarathon measuring maybe 50-60 miles in length.

There are a lot of frustration when studying foot strikes …
First you will need high speed footage (100 fps or better). I think there are still a lot of people making analyzes based on 25 fps footage. Then it becomes more of a matter of imagination :stuck_out_tongue:

When you have the high speed footage, runners tend to variate. Even if you are watching the same runner, each step might look different. And there are differences between the legs. It also depends on where in the race they are. Is it acceleration, deacceleration, max speed, pushing or relaxing, downhill, uphill? It will also look different if the athlete runs with spikes, barefoot, or with jogging shoes.

If you look at sprinters, they all touch the ground with the forefoot. Both sprinters and long distance runners make a bit of rolling motion, from the outer to the inner side of the foot.

What I think is more important (then what parts hit the ground), is that when you put the weight on, the weight should be on the forefoot. Sure we have fat cushion on the heel, and shoes might help some, but that structure shouldn’t handle the breaking forces. It’s my personal belief and I think we all agree on this, that the breaking forces should be handled with triple joint support.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYcIAKPHrgc

Some video of pietro mennea doing what looks to qualify as ‘long continuous tempo’, perhaps…the footage is at the start of the video and at 8:40 into the video…to be fair at least the road/running is that of a compliant nature and seems to be some type of finely crushed aggregate(for want of a better term)(perhaps ‘pea gravel’ or ‘finely crushed lime’)…he’s definitely striking forefoot style

The style seems to be eerily similar to that of the tarahumara
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bAeRSKiTUY

There is always exceptions.
Individual biomechanics need to be addressed.
Majority of people have majority similarly limb length ratios and mechanics.

Cross country and hill running is massively forefoot running.
Need to strengthen your lower legs ? Forget the gym, go run some hills.

Also to contemplate is,
Just because athlete x runs like this or that , is that technique the Best for them?
Not only in terms of absolute speed or endurance, but also in athletic longevity and freedom from injury.