Pope Quique results

And today was day 2 of building the stone wall, hauled stones for about 5 hrs so that took a bit of a tool on me. However tomorrow is the last meet of my summer tour haha. The games, they take place about 3 hrs away from my house so I gotta get up at like 6 to get there and get ready to jump at 10. Right now just my upper hamstrings are sore so that is good.

I believe it is suppose to be in the low 90’s for a high and about 30% chance of rain. I’ll be competing in the 1,2 & long.

Predictions
100 - 11.46
200 - 23.59
Long - 21’4

Also competing are Davan and Mortac8 so maybe I’ll give them a run for their money. I already took down mortac8 this summer so perhaps payback.

Either be listening to Eminem - Lose Yourself or Deep Blue Something - Breakfast at Tiffany’s at the 100 start, if its the latter they will have no chance haha. Give you guys updates tomorrow.

Well I just got back from USATF school so my new knowledge will allow me to PR by 1 second and obliterate you tomorrow in the 100 degree weather.

And the results are?? :cool:

Long Jump:
Mortac8 - 6.22m 2nd
Me - 6.17m 4th

Note - they jewed me and put down the wrong mark as I should have also been at 6.22. Also they were about to give another jumper 6.4 instead of 6.04 because of an incorrect reading.
O well.

100m:

Prelims -
Mortac8 - 11.59 3rd
Me - 11.70 5th
Davan - 11.70 5th

Finals -
Mortac8 - 11.40 2nd
Me - 11.45 3rd
Davan - 11.60 5th

Notes - times are FAT, both runs were into decent headwinds, the finals maybe more so. In prelims they screwed up Davan’s time, had him at 12.24 or something and also screwed up another one of my former teammates times had him at like 12.3 maybe but actually ran 11.9x. About an hour between final call and actual prelim races which was bad enough on top of the fact it was 90+ out all day.

4x1:

44.8 or something 1st

Didnt actually look for the time it was somewhere in the 44’s I lead then Mortac8 then my former teammate then Davan. No one was anywhere close next fastest time was 46.xx, we just did it for fun.

Triple Jump

Mortac8 -12.41 1st

Overall very hot day, I thought a poorly run meet, I used a longer drive phase for the 100 finals thought it helped out and thats about all I got, very sunburned right now.

Probably PB effort in the 100 for popequique especially considering the headwind and lack of any caffeine products (or food?). Also, building a wall is not good CNS prep for a meet.

Pretty disappointed in myself here, but there are 2 positives.

1. Met Mortac and Pope–good guys.
  2. Got one of the darkest tans ever, but sadly, it is now a farmer’s/track tan with my body pale white and my arms/face sunburned and dark.

I think we all could have ran better w/ different conditions weather wise, organization wise, and of course, motivationally.

Nice running people. How old are you? And what were you competing in/where are you from?