Plyo's after weights

Guys,
to improve my leg strength and power. Would it be effective to finish my 2 leg workouts per week with plyometric exercises such as jump squats and bounds?
Will this be less effective than doing the plyos on seperate days???

Thanks

Can we start to focus on duplicate threads? Please only submit once when you post.

Thanks

Rupert
CharlieFrancis.com

you’re going to hear varying opinions on this… but I think Louie Simmons hit the nail on the head when we were discussing when one should perform box jumps. His quote was spot on. “You should train the CNS as all times. Is an athlete fresh in the 4th quarter or with 5 minutes left in any sport? Hell no!” His point makes a ton of sense when looking at it from a real work perspective. Science may not support it, but I think Louie makes some sense.

We’ve covered this elsewhere related to the BS story about Ben squatting before the 100m final etc, but I’ll go through it again. Stimulus MAY be helpful for lower level athletes but the higher the level- the more white fibre- the more the athlete can put out of his total resources in any given activity, fatiguing him for the next one, therefore the worse the response- and the more unnecessary, as higher level athletes retain stimulus far longer than lower level athletes.
Hopefully, this run-on sentence covers it.

What do you mean by 2 leg workouts? Is it weight workout?

Yeah, 5 reps for- squats, 1 leg squats, calf raises.
So would plyometrics after these have any benefits??

run on sentence… still laughing…

ciao

You might want to read these posts
http://www.charliefrancis.com/community/showthread.php?t=63
http://www.charliefrancis.com/community/showthread.php?t=568

My view is that it’s not because you do an activity right after an other that you will find a transfer. You might actually find no benefit at all or even place yourself in injury danger if the load of the double workout is too high.
The GPP dvd gives examples of planning showing how “transfer” occurs during a several weeks training plan.

What you could do is use a plyo such as depth jumps before your lifting to fire up your cns and this could help you lift bigger weight. That is what Joe Defranco recomends on his website as a way to implement plyos before weightlifting