Plyo vs Weighttraining

It takes time. It seems like you want to lift 6x/week. Thats too much. I’d train 4x/week. 2 “strength” days and two “power” days. I’d keep the reps/set low and the quality high. 1.5x bodyweight squat to parallel is a 1/2 squat. Full squats are when you sit on your calves. One reason why the footballers do better in vert is they are stronger. When you are stronger your force velocity curve shifts to the right. This means that you can move a lighter weight faster than before. Oh, please stop attaching all those pictures. They make it hard to read the posts.

:shoot:o, hha, sorry about that. so, what if, i mean if, i wanna do only one kind of squat, will full squat be better or parallel? are they both called “back squat”?

they are both the back squat. There is a thread around here debating the value of full vs power 1/2 squat. I’d personally periodize both into a training program

Yeah, agreed about the jump programs and everything… I bought 4 differant jump programs when i played b-ball, but there’s more and better info on this website than probably all the jump programs in all the magazines put together.

:borg:so, u mean, they didnt work?

:sing:thanks. I was gonna start one, lol.